Stereo Setup Suggestions

vagrahb

Hi,
I have been a pretty silent member reading all about the right gear and finally decided to take a plunge and indulge myself and get some new gear.

I am looking into building a stereo setup just for Music which includes Indian classical, Rock and heaps of Soundtracks. My primary source is basically all the files sitting currently on my NAS. Not too keen on a CD player nor a computer. Most of the tracks are FLAC.

So I currently have SqueezeBox Duet which I am nearly happy but sometimes I do think I am missing the Zing in the music.

The current options I am currently considering are

Digital Source:
Squeezebox Transporter

Speakers:
ProAc Response D2 or Paradigm Signature S2

Amplifiers choice :
1. Emotiva XPA-2
2. NAD not sure about the Model yet
3. Anthem

Budget is about 3000+ $ coz this would be a setup I wouldn't want to disturb for a long time :)

Since the transporter has a DAC built in I wouldn't need an integrated amplifier and hence leaning towards Emotiva.

Would be glad if someone would let me know the best places to procure most of them. I would be visiting Bangalore around July so i could pick up some gear. Currently the prices in Australia is way too over priced so looking to source most of the stuff overseas.

Hi,

Currently the prices in Australia is way too over priced so looking to source most of the stuff overseas.

Do you fly in via Singapore ?
If so, the speakers can be purchased in Singapore.

SINGAPORE
Wo Kee Hong Distribution Pte Limited
+ 65 6376 0338
[email protected]
This is in Adelphi - Coleman Street.

I personally would 'prefer' the Proac as compared to the Paradigm.

p.s. I have used Paradigm in the past - yet I love the Proac Carbon Pro 8 [what a lovely speaker] !!

I bit the bullet and got the ProAc's got an awesome deal locally. Got the dealer in Melbourne to match prices in U.K. Just got to narrow down on the amplifier now.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back