Stereo setup

Harsh Vardhan

Hi all, a newbie with a query, looking to drive Dynaudio focus 380 with , option 1, Cambridge Audio Azur 851w power amp , op 2, Emotiva XPA 2 gen 3,in both cases pre amp will be my old oppo 105. Focus 380 is 300 rms/ch. second query is wud the oppo be suitable as a pre amp if not ,which pre amp wud b suitable in the set up ,budget being low. I am running a Dynaudio m30 with CA cxa80 and it sounds pretty okay via usb,MacBook. Same wud be with the focus 380s,MacBook via usb b being the source.much thanks for any help on the subject

Hello Harsh Vardhan,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining.
Dynaudio makes some great gear. Hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Regards.

Hello Harsh Vardhan,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining.
Dynaudio makes some great gear. Hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Regards.

Thx sir,have more o less decided on luxman 505 mk 2,for the focus 380 ,views solicited from the experts

Harsh- I have used Oppo (BDP-95) as a pre-amplifier in the past without any issue. It would easily drive the powers amps that you mentioned in your post. However using a dedicated pre-amplifier might lead to better sonic performance which is why I started using a dedicated two channel pre-amplifier in my set up.
Thanks.

Hi harsh...just my 2 cents...and I haven't tried it myself. Iam almost copying and pasting. So take it with a pinch of salt, till you actually audition and hear for yourself. My only intention is to give you new ideas to part with your cash :)

A dac with an pre amp section is a place to start from. But adding a pure analouge preamp and using the dac just for D to A conversion seems to be giving benefits to a lots of folks.

Harsh- I have used Oppo (BDP-95) as a pre-amplifier in the past without any issue. It would easily drive the powers amps that you mentioned in your post. However using a dedicated pre-amplifier might lead to better sonic performance which is why I started using a dedicated two channel pre-amplifier in my set up.
Thanks.
Advice taken am going for the pre/pro combo with the source being oppo105 and macbook,thx

Hi harsh...just my 2 cents...and I haven't tried it myself. Iam almost copying and pasting. So take it with a pinch of salt, till you actually audition and hear for yourself. My only intention is to give you new ideas to part with your cash :)

A dac with an pre amp section is a place to start from. But adding a pure analouge preamp and using the dac just for D to A conversion seems to be giving benefits to a lots of folks.
Auditioning is a pipe dream for most in india including me,oppo 105 is great wid my sonodyne sm300 Ak monitors,and I like the dynaudio house sound,old one i have being xeo 3 and m30s driven by Cambridge audio cxa80,again a nice combo,it’s the incoming focus 380 with Emotiva pre pro combo that is the unknown factor but the shots already fired,will post outcome subsequently,thx

Harsh- Which Emotiva pre-processor model you are buying? Is it the 2 Channel stereo pre-amplifier or the multichannel pre-processor XMC-1?
Thanks.

Thanks. I will check with them. Any feed back on this analog preamplifier will be appreciated

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back