Sterio Music System under 1.5 lakhs

ritvik93

I want to go in for a good pair of floor-standers with a sub-woofer rocked by a decent amp. I am totally open to all your suggestions. :) . Plus i would also like to know the preferred shops in Chandigarh or Delhi where i can audition/Buy the audio setup.

Budget : Under 1.5 lakhs

Purpose: This setup will be used for only listening to music .

Music Genres: Classical, Pop ,Rock , Vocals, Ghazals , Electronic (A mix of all genres :lol: )

Hi

You have to first decide whether you need a 2.1 system or a pure stereo setup. Using a floor-standing speaker or good bookshelf, for that matter would make requirement for a separate sub woofer redundant. Also the quality of sound that u get from a 2.1 may not be as good as factors like phase difference/shift can make your listening experience muddied.

Regards

You may also explore pre-owned options. There was a Monitor Audio Rx 6 Silver series up for sale on the forum. it was in mint condition. The seller was going abroad and needed to sell. it was quoted around 70k. the seller was in delhi i think.

there is bryston 5BST for sale on hifiads.. it is going for 70k or so. add a marantz amp which wil be used as a pre. it should come under 30k or so.

audition monitor audio speakers if you like them you may approach the sellers. My sense is that this system config will be very good.

good luck.

p.s. i dont know any of these sellers.

You may also explore pre-owned options. There was a Monitor Audio Rx 6 Silver series up for sale on the forum. it was in mint condition. The seller was going abroad and needed to sell. it was quoted around 70k. the seller was in delhi i think.

there is bryston 5BST for sale on hifiads.. it is going for 70k or so. add a marantz amp which wil be used as a pre. it should come under 30k or so.

audition monitor audio speakers if you like them you may approach the sellers. My sense is that this system config will be very good.

good luck.

p.s. i dont know any of these sellers.

First up, Thanks for replying .It seems like a good option but i'm always a bit skeptic about used technology , that's just me but i'm not crossing this out completely , i just want to explore all the possible opportunities and then make the plunge.The monitor audio rx 6 seem to have great reviews over the net. I am gonna go out to audition a few setups soon , lets hope for the best :)

Hi

You have to first decide whether you need a 2.1 system or a pure stereo setup. Using a floor-standing speaker or good bookshelf, for that matter would make requirement for a separate sub woofer redundant. Also the quality of sound that u get from a 2.1 may not be as good as factors like phase difference/shift can make your listening experience muddied.

Regards
Yes, i completely agree with you on this. The thing is i'm still a bit undecided on whether I want a sub in my setup. I auditioned the Klipsh Rf7 II a while ago with a marantz Amp(forgot the model :eek:) without any sub and the sound effect was mind blowing. The thing is that RF7 is probably out of my budget and i'm looking for Klipsh Rf-62 or similar for my setup. So, i'll have to audition more setups before i can really decide if i need a sub in my setup :p.

When spending more than 1 lac for stereo, you can consider Active speakers for stereo with a good DAC...

Recently hifitoday magazine reviewed Sonodyne SRP Active speakers, you may check them for some inputs... Also they have been reviewed by what hi-fi india edition too...

When spening more than 1 lac for stereo, you can consider Active speakers for stereo with a good DAC...

Recently hifitoday magazine reviewed Sonodyne SRP Active speakers, you may check them for some inputs... Also they have been reviewed by what hi-fi india edition too...

Hmm i'll check this out.

So i auditioned the JBL LS80, klipsch RF 83 with a marantz PM7005 today and found klipsch's sound signature more to my liking. Could someone enlighten me with the current optimum prices for Klipsh RF 62 ii,RF 82 ii,RF 7 ii since these weren't available over there.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back