Stories about the service guys... Post your views here.

Subcenter2009

Dear friends,
I had initially posted this in the General Lounge section but, I am unable to see my own post, so I am trying again in the AV lounge. Sorry. Please bear with me.;)

We have all had service guys called for repairing different household appliances visiting our homes periodically.
Invariably, they act like this..
They never come at the said time.
They always travel in pairs.
One guy will stand in a way that he blocks our view of the item being serviced by the other guy.
They will always ask for drinking water... one by one while servicing is going on.
They will lose most of the screws in spite of our giving them a small container to put the screws in.
If we give any of our tools like screwdriver, torch, brush, oil etc, They will either damage it or take it with them.
They will claim that the spare parts in question are no longer available.
They may offer a locally made replacement part or else, ask us to buy the latest model after condemning the old appliance.
They are likely to damage the item being repaired especially, if the warranty is over.
They will claim that the product is not repairable and while we tear our hair, they may offer a buy back and a discount on the latest model of a similar item made by the same company.
I have had bad experiences with a popular maker who said both my split AC and my 42" LCD TV were non repairable just as the warranty had got over. Forgive me for not naming the accused. I won't because I want to be decent.
I had the above 2 items evaluated by private repairmen and both were certified as repairable with only small parts like capacitors needing to be changed.
I was so angry with them that I disposed of the 2 items and bought other brands.

I am sure most of you have had similar frustrating experiences.. so, would you like to share your stories here?
Yours,
Subcenter2009.

They either have no tools of their own, or else they do everything with just one screwdriver and one ancient pair of pliers. They keep this "toolkit" in their shirt pocket.

They will show as if they KNOW everything, where the fact is that they know almost NOTHING.

And if the customer has some knowledge, they will become defensive.

For example, I have called a local TV technician for Panasonic TV almost 40 TIMES over the phone. He keeps saying he will come and he never does. My guess is he does not know how to do fix the TV !!!!

The spare part that your machine/ electronics needs is never readily available with the service center. They need to order it from the company and when after 2-3 weeks of waiting they come with the new spare part, it is of different specification/ model and they need to order it again.

This happened to my brother also...three company technician visited one by one in five days time all diagnosed different problems and given us repair budget from 11 to 24k and finally we decided to sell our LED TV but before selling we tried our luck from local technician and solved the issue in first instance and charged us Rs 4k approx... So never trust blindly company technician...

Focal Exclusive Showroom, (aceacoustics) Kolkata

I visited over there few months back,a sales person was giving some demonstration,SUDDENLY a crap looking sales manager (came to know later) switched off the system !! HOLY S......................as he thought I am not a perspective customer of him...

It was my first and last visit over there,still that day I bought some speaker cable from them....that also proven very poor quality !!

Such a poor service .....never ever going to thought to buy a stand mount from this store in future...who knows if I face any problem...they might deny to recognize me...

This kind of people must be thrown out immediately from a high end retail store like this.God knows who selected him...

NEVER EVER RECOMMEND

We once had a TV (CRT) breakdown after a storm. So I took it to their service center. They said that the main IC was blown and charged us 2.5K to fix it.
Later I opened it to check what was changed. They changed some burnt out resistors and put in a higher wattage type.
The main IC was a very large chip with multiple pins on all sides. This cannot be removed without special equipment and you can make out a manual repair job. The chip was undisturbed !By the way I've been on the manufacturing floor and service centers for TV's with Hitachi ( a long time ago !) .

Much later I had a another problem with a newer TV and the technician who came told me an IC was blown and it would cost 750/- plus service charge. I was quite sure the problem was simpler. As he prepared to remove the IC I told him it was under warranty and showed him the documents! I walked away for less than 5 minutes ( to get water for him !!) . When I returned he said it was fixed and there was no charge due to the warranty except for the service call. Of course I opened it after he went away and found he had replaced resistors ( again !). The original chip he was going to remove was untouched.

This is a standard ploy. IC is gone sir !

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back