Story of warm sound

anm

Getting too little time to play with the thiels.
Last evening, after I was back from office and dinner, with 2 beers in my belly, decided I need to add some warmth to the speakers.

Switched amp from AVR to c375, attached to speaker A. - WARM
Switched pre-amp in from subout of AVR to main out of Lyrita. - WARM
Connected NAD CDP to Lyrita. - WARM

Started playing. Damn - it was SO warm! All brightness was gone and it sounded really crappy. Nothing in treble.

Then I realized that I had not switched the speakers from B to A in c375 :D

Subwoofers were playing instead of the Thiels LoL!!!!

My wife had already left the room before I could play the "fixed" sound. Will post more impressions of WARM sound ;)

You have a musical subwoofer mate and all you need now is a tweeter and a couple of beers for it to sound complete :).

On a serious note, you may have crossed your subwoofer too high if you are missing only the treble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a musical subwoofer mate and all you need now is a tweeter and a couple of beers for it to sound complete :).

On a serious note, you may have crossed your subwoofer too high if you are missing only the treble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

passive sealed subs no crossover built in. For movies AVR gives the crossover and NAD c375 powers them, for music I don't use them.

Bolded the important parts.. :)
You get high pretty easily.. :D

BTW, you dont need the sub if the the amp is NAD c375. It is inherently warm. :)

Getting too little time to play with the thiels.
Last evening, after I was back from office and dinner, with 2 beers in my belly, decided I need to add some warmth to the speakers.

Switched amp from AVR to c375, attached to speaker A. - WARM
Switched pre-amp in from subout of AVR to main out of Lyrita. - WARM
Connected NAD CDP to Lyrita. - WARM

Started playing. Damn - it was SO warm! All brightness was gone and it sounded really crappy. Nothing in treble.

Then I realized that I had not switched the speakers from B to A in c375 :D

Subwoofers were playing instead of the Thiels LoL!!!!

My wife had already left the room before I could play the "fixed" sound. Will post more impressions of WARM sound ;)

In short, those interested in pics, pls send anm 2 bottles/cans of beer ASAP ;)

:D :lol: :p

Edit: anm, pls define size of the 2 beer bottles/cans:
330ml, 500ml or 650ml??? :rolleyes:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back