Streamer and Dac addition to system

Madhu75

Hello all,

Few days back I got my first hi-fi system.

Speaker is bookshelf Elac debut reference
Amplifier is Audiolab 6000a

i am listening through Bluetooth these days Through Gaana and Spotify. I am thinking to continue to stay listening through streaming services for utter convenience. I listen mostly to hindi songs from kishore etc and sometimes to English songs.

I was wondering how to improve sound quality further and this is where I am seeking your help.

Will streamer like Audiolab 6000n improve the sound quality. How that streamer fares against blue sound node 2i. Can I achieve the same Sound quality without spending on streamer through wired connection through laptop. Which is better wired connection or streamer. I do not need additional dac in streamer though as I already have internal dac on my amplifier. Will Google Chromecast do the job of pure streaming as good as the other two.

I am also thinking of getting external DAC Denafrips ares 2 which reviews seem promising. Any users please let me know if that one makes sense to buy.

If I am not getting streamer than can I connect my iPhone or laptop directly to Denafrips dac and if yes what sort of wire to connect from iPhone or laptop to denafrips ares 2. i Guess Denafrips ares 2 Will connect via analog cable to amp.

thanks in advance for your help.

Hello Sydney
is that allousbridge streamer better than blue sound node 2i. What are the pros and cons.
I read bad reviews of dts play fi app that comes with audiolab 6000n so do not want to go in that direction.

regards,

As you already have a capable DAC in your IA, better you go for a streamer with digital outputs. You can always go for Allo Digione player (or Allo Digione Signature player), which give you clean digital signals to your 6000a. Volumio or MoodeAudio will work you as OS in the player.

You can order through fabtolab or warehouse, below fabtolab link for your reference.

For some reason this product digione signature does not seem to be available in Singapore. Also I see that cost works out to be nearly Rs.20000 including Shanti power supply Which takes it closer to sgd 400. I wonder if there is any sonic differences between this and blue sound node 2i. Also the ease of use needs to be factored in.

sorry, I was in a belief that you are in India.. that's why shared the India price.... Allo products are turned out to be cheap as they are mad in India products.. I don't have experience on other streamers, other FMs can chime on the bluesound or other streamers.

@Madhu75
Call the contact number at waretohouse.com
I believe they ship overseas too, but it may be different now.
Allo Boss Player is a streamer/DAC combo (connect to analog input of 6000a)
Allo Digione is just a streamer/SPDIF (connect to coax input of 6000a)
If shipping from India is possible through Allo or through reseller, these may just fit your use case.
BTW, both do not support Gaana. Spotify yes, I believe it should be a paid subscription, not sure.

Cheers,
Raghu

Thanks @raghupb for the details. Yes I am interested in streamer as I already have Denafrips Ares 2. Now I am listening more to Spotify premium although have got Gaana subscription for some songs which are not there on Spotify. Listening through laptop is inconvenient so definitely want to add streamer. Will connect with details provided. hope they can ship out. Alternatively will get next year when I travel to india. I saw on this forum where people have mentioned this Allo digi one signature Is better than blue sound node 2i.

Thanks @raghupb for the details. Yes I am interested in streamer as I already have Denafrips Ares 2. Now I am listening more to Spotify premium although have got Gaana subscription for some songs which are not there on Spotify. Listening through laptop is inconvenient so definitely want to add streamer. Will connect with details provided. hope they can ship out. Alternatively will get next year when I travel to india. I saw on this forum where people have mentioned this Allo digi one signature Is better than blue sound node 2i.
Have not heard the Signature version, but have heard the Bluesound Node 2i; neat box with great UI/App.
These products, I personally treat them as streamers/players first (convenience) and then all else (incl SQ).
Cheers,
Raghu

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back