Streamer / Dac one box solution that does not cost a bomb

square_wave

A good friend is looking for one of these boxes. it needs to do the following :

1. Should store music if possible ( optional )
2. Should wirelessly access music from a NAS or other types of storage
3. Connect to Spotify and / or other streaming services
4. Should have a good quality built in dac
5. Built in amplifier if possible ( optional )

Looking to make a list of options. The Elac discovery is a good example of such a device. It ticks many of the boxes. I guess peach tree also has some options. Chime in folks if you have experience with such devices.

The budget is around 40to 50k. If the option has an amplifier built in, the budget can be closer to a lakh.

Also, do you get such devices without built in amplification but has a preamp that can accept analogue inputs as well. This will be a good solution if one wants to just add a pair of active speakers like the Kavi from acoustic portrait.

Last edited:
Hi try options from Bluesound powernode 2i and vault 2i,
It should have built in amp ,decent dac, and storage.
Thanks

Marantz NA6005, NA6006
Audiolab 6000N
Marantz M-CR612 (built-in amp)
These are off hifimart website.

Another vote for ...

Looking to make a list of options. The Elac discovery is a good example of such a device. It ticks many of the boxes. I guess peach tree also has some options. Chime in folks if you have experience with such devices.

The budget is around 40to 50k. If the option has an amplifier built in, the budget can be closer to a lakh.

Also, do you get such devices without built in amplification but has a preamp that can accept analogue inputs as well. This will be a good solution if one wants to just add a pair of active speakers like the Kavi from acoustic portrait.

You may check Allo Katana player as well.

Thanks everyone. This person has been using Nad electronics ( CD player, integrated amp ) and dynaudio speakers for about 8 years now. So has an ear for quality sound. Anything in the list should equal or exceed the existing setup in terms of sound.

The Bluesound powernode 2i will be a good option - decent amplification, DAC and streamer. I have heard the node 2i (DAC+streamer) and would highly recommend it for a mid-level setup. Sonos also has an integrated Amplifier+DAC+streamer, which was released around a year back. Quality would be similar to the bluesound. The Cambridge Audio CXN v2 will be the next step up (though it does not include the amplification). Very good DAC and streamer.

One step up again will be solutions from Auralic. I own the Aries Femto (which is a pure digital transport+streamer) - but there are other models in the line which have DACs and amplifiers. Highly recommended, but would cost much more than the stated budget.

Best,
APK.

Look for the Paradigm PW Amp, not sure if it is still in stock locally - ticks all your boxes at a very reasonable cost

+1 for Paradigm PW link. Streamer/DAC/Pre with ARC for under 30k. Comes with 3 months Free Tidal and ARC mic - Best bang for the buck device. Picked it up after FM @superczar suggestion a few months back. Used it with Dynaudio M20 / Tannoy XT8F / NAD, Rega, and Nuprime amps. Currently, hooked up to TV + Nuprime STA9 power amp + Dynaudio M20 speakers. Free DTS Play-Fi app. Streaming Tidal & Spotify. The family uses it very easily. Great SQ.

Even a TT sounds good through its RCA input. Lan port for hardwiring. Recognizes network drives. Optical input from an external source.

+1 for Paradigm PW link. Streamer/DAC/Pre with ARC for under 30k. Comes with 3 months Free Tidal and ARC mic - Best bang for the buck device. Picked it up after FM @superczar suggestion a few months back. Used it with Dynaudio M20 / Tannoy XT8F / NAD, Rega, and Nuprime amps. Currently, hooked up to TV + Nuprime STA9 power amp + Dynaudio M20 speakers. Free DTS Play-Fi app. Streaming Tidal & Spotify. The family uses it very easily. Great SQ.

Even a TT sounds good through its RCA input. Lan port for hardwiring. Recognizes network drives. Optical input from an external source.

Hi mayank :)

I see that you are really happy with the PW link. So I was curious if I could use it digital in from my streamer and digital out to my dac, with ARC correction enabled on this digital stream. It would be great if it that was possible. Thanks for your time :)

Hi mayank :)

I see that you are really happy with the PW link. So I was curious if I could use it digital in from my streamer and digital out to my dac, with ARC correction enabled on this digital stream. It would be great if it that was possible. Thanks for your time :)
I can confirm that works

Hey, where did you buy PW link from?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back