Streamer or amp from Dubai

Anshul_J

Hi,
My brother is travelling to Dubai, I was wondering if I can get a streamer dac for about $1000, or a tube amp for about $1700. Something cheaper than India. Can anyone point to what and where to look for. Thanks

Hi,
My brother is travelling to Dubai, I was wondering if I can get a streamer dac for about $1000, or a tube amp for about $1700. Something cheaper than India. Can anyone point to what and where to look for. Thanks
Cherish your brother forever if he carries back a tube amp.

But if you want to maintain good relations, get a DAC/streamer.

FYI, if you know where to look, and you don't have anything specific in mind, certain DACs/streamers/amps can be had for lower than international prices in India.

Brought in my luggage a DAC and a integrated amp from Dubai years ago since a very close friend of mine lives there. I do keep an eye on dubizzle. RAW is a store for vinyl but also deals with preowned hifi.
But I do agree with @DB1989 that prices in dubai can be very similar to India unless you get a good deal which only happens every now and then.

PS: yes my friend in Dubai wouldn't share the same enthusiasm now, if I were to ask him to buy audio equipment for me :)

Last edited:
Years ago during the Dubai Shopping Festival, good discounts are given for the previous years models where amps are concerned.

Brought in my luggage a DAC and an integrated amp from Dubai years ago since a very close friend of mine lives there. I do keep an eye on dubizzle. RAW is a store for vinyl but also deals with preowned hifi.
But I do agree with @DB1989 that prices in dubai can be very similar to India unless you get a deal which happens every now and then.

PS: yes my friend in Dubai wouldn't share the same enthusiasm now, if I were to ask him to buy audio equipment for me :)

Can anyone guide me where to look for amplifiers
Check out for VV & sons. They were at Al Fahidi street, Bur Dubai and had other branches too in the late 90's. I am sure there are a lot of other dealers which other FM's can update from their recent purchases from Dubai. Else you may have to search on Google.

Raw Music store is a dealer for some of the streamers/ Dacs (Advanced Paris, Rokna Audio, Gold Note, Mytek, Matrix Audio etc.). They have stores in Oud Metha ( Pyramid Center) and in DIFC ( Gate Avenue). Hakkim is an amazing person to deal with

Other Option is Dubai Audio. They are the dealers for many of the high end brands.

Third option is DG+ store in Time Square. This is an Audio store from Sharaf DG

There are other options. Can suggest if you have a specific product/ model in mind. It will also be easy to compare with Indian price.
As mentioned earlier in the tread, Certain products may be cheaper in India

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the tips. Have looked at raw music store and dubai audio, they are not cheap. Probably my expectations are wrong. Will try and get something in India only.

Check out for VV & sons. They were at Al Fahidi street, Bur Dubai and had other branches too in the late 90's. I am sure there are a lot of other dealers which other FM's can update from their recent purchases from Dubai. Else you may have to search on Google.
VV & Sons seem to have folded up.

Dubai Audio Store, Samma3a, RAW Music Store, Thomson (for Yamaha), Auratech, seeing a new name AudioUAE,

Except Samma3a for a DAC and Thomson for my old system never bought anything from others. Mine being now DIY.

Thanks everyone for the tips. Have looked at raw music store and dubai audio, they are not cheap. Probably my expectations are wrong. Will try and get something in India only.
Yes, it is not cheap now Not just audio but any electronics. They are priced now at EU prices it seems. Earlier it used to be cheaper than Singapore.

VV & Sons seem to have folded up.

Dubai Audio Store, Samma3a, RAW Music Store, Thomson (for Yamaha), Auratech, seeing a new name AudioUAE,

Except Samma3a for a DAC and Thomson for my old system never bought anything from others. Mine being now DIY.
Very sad that they wound up, they had very friendly staff.Had very good memories of seeing Luxman, Marantz and JBL at their showroom. Infact had purchased a Marantz from there.

You may get a Marantz and Pioneer amp cheaper in India at Hifimart than Dubai. Certain brands may be cheaper outside.

Very sad that they wound up, they had very friendly staff.Had very good memories of seeing Luxman, Marantz and JBL at their showroom. Infact had purchased a Marantz from there.
True, the staffof VV & Sons were very knowledgeable and co-operative. No one would perhaps allow another brand to be brought in to their showroom to compare - I took my first amp a Yamaha AX496 from another shop to compare with NAD and Cambridge they had. They helped me run their amps and that Yammy with Jamo speakers and recommended me to keep the Yammy!!!

What about buying used gear from.dubai...i recollect some.decent deals there. Since they have short upgrade cycles.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back