stylus setting...

Dressel

Dear all
As I have mentioned earlier I have ventured in to analog audio for the first time in my life since last one month now. I purchased a PROJECT1.3GENIE, & a project phono stage. The TT has ortofon red cartridge

Every thing was going on well...
I was getting used to playing records & listening to its magical sound.
from yesterday some thing has gone wrong terribly, the needle is not tracking correctly at all.:sad: I am getting distorted sound, the needle gets stuck on the record I am really worried whether I have damaged the cartridge , if not I may further damage it? I dont know what to do ...

Can you guys help me out?

Dear all
As I have mentioned earlier I have ventured in to analog audio for the first time in my life since last one month now. I purchased a PROJECT1.3GENIE, & a project phono stage. The TT has ortofon red cartridge

Every thing was going on well...
I was getting used to playing records & listening to its magical sound.
from yesterday some thing has gone wrong terribly, the needle is not tracking correctly at all.:sad: I am getting distorted sound, the needle gets stuck on the record I am really worried whether I have damaged the cartridge , if not I may further damage it? I dont know what to do ...

Can you guys help me out?

Hi,
Did you align your cartridge?Alignment protractors are available here
Cartridge Alignment Protractors | Free Turntable, Tonearm & Cartridge Tools | Vinyl Engine

Regards,
Sachin

Hi Dressel,

Do not panic, it could be dust that must have settled on the stylus, clean it with cotton swab with isopropyl alcohol.

N.Murali.

Hi Dressel,

From your post it appears that it was playing ok then suddenly the problems appeared.

First clean the stylus. A paintbrush with brushing from rear to front in case you dont have isopropyl and distilled water mix for a wet cleaning. Also check if someone inadvertently changed the vtf on the tonearm, the end stub weight with the markings. Has it gone lighter? Thirdly has a son or maid or anyone else damaged the stylus? Check it with a magnifying glass to see if the diamond tip is protruding down from the cantilever and whether the cantilever is straight and not bent. Lastly check if the antiskate weight is still in the wire hanging down and not un hooked by someone.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back