Sub woofer advise

Avinash Pai

Hi guys,

I am looking to switch/change from a KEF Kube 10b sub that I picked up a little over a year ago. It is a great sub but I wanted something a little smaller or of similar size with a similar to better output.

I listen to mainly classic rock, prog, and jazz mostly. I have the KEFLS50WII and a pair of the Quad S2s paired with a Bluesound powernode2i that I plan to rotate the subs through (I plan to sell the Kube 10B and buy another sub and not retain both). I don't plan to use this sub for video consumption.

The couple I have seen are KEF KC62 and KEF K92. Both are fairly pricey and I am not sure if they afford a substantial improvement over my Kube10b. Any help/ recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I am looking to switch/change from a KEF Kube 10b sub that I picked up a little over a year ago. It is a great sub but I wanted something a little smaller or of similar size with a similar to better output.

I listen to mainly classic rock, prog, and jazz mostly. I have the KEFLS50WII and a pair of the Quad S2s paired with a Bluesound powernode2i that I plan to rotate the subs through (I plan to sell the Kube 10B and buy another sub and not retain both). I don't plan to use this sub for video consumption.

The couple I have seen are KEF KC62 and KEF K92. Both are fairly pricey and I am not sure if they afford a substantial improvement over my Kube10b. Any help/ recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
The KEF KF92 is a HUGE leap over the Kube 10b. You'll be astonished to put it mildly.

I wouldn't consider the KC62 for video consumption, or music for that matter also, unless your room is smaller than a 100 sq.ft.

Hi guys,

Thanks.
What's the price you are getting for KC62 and K92? And from where please.
Thanks!

The KEF KF92 is a HUGE leap over the Kube 10b. You'll be astonished to put it mildly.

I wouldn't consider the KC62 for video consumption, or music for that matter also, unless your room is smaller than a 100 sq.ft.
Well I agree that the KEF KF92 is a leap over the Kube 10b.

However your statement for the KC62 does not hold true.

I do own the KC62 and in a room that is approx 160 sq feet. and it does pack a lot of punch and more than enough to energize the room.
I do use it for Music and occasional movies ( 90 - 10%)

Although I am a fan of larger subs and do own a pair of SVS SB16 Ultra as well as a pair Of Rythmik FV15HP . The KEF 62 was and is a revelation of what a small well designed, packed with Tech subwoofer can do

I do own the KC62 and in a room that is approx 160 sq feet. and it does pack a lot of punch and more than enough to energize the room.

Although I am a fan of larger subs and do own a pair of SVS SB16 Ultra as well as a pair Of Rythmik FV15HP . The KEF 62 was and is a revelation of what a small well designed, packed with Tech subwoofer can do
The proof is in the pudding.

Hi guys,

Thanks.

Get a nice powerful sealed sub and that would take care of the experience you are missing. Suggest you visit the many dealers in your location and audition with the same set of songs / music to arrive at a good decision!

I don’t think there is any other sub in the market that can go that low with that small form factor. I am not sure if the low extension is limited low loudness levels like the KC62 or not. On the KC62 the extension reduces as we turn up the volume. But the real advantage is how small it is, which is a deal as your placement now in the room can be more fine tuned.

From what you've described, I think you should listen to a REL, before you take the plunge with another KEF sub woofer.

Taking a completely different approach, you should listen to the KEF Q900 series by themselves (No sub attached). If you have the space for these speakers to breathe, you'll be in heaven. The passive radiators on these bring in a level of deep bass not typically heard from a loudspeaker. Note that while these are easy to drive speakers on the spec sheet, my experience with them is that they need solid, stable power.

Worth a listen to both options before you head down the road with another sub.

From what you've described, I think you should listen to a REL, before you take the plunge with another KEF sub woofer.

Taking a completely different approach, you should listen to the KEF Q900 series by themselves (No sub attached). If you have the space for these speakers to breathe, you'll be in heaven. The passive radiators on these bring in a level of deep bass not typically heard from a loudspeaker. Note that while these are easy to drive speakers on the spec sheet, my experience with them is that they need solid, stable power.

Worth a listen to both options before you head down the road with another sub.
Thanks. I will listen to the smaller form factor RELs. Have heard that they are 'musical' like the KEFs.

I know what you mean about the Q series because I also have the KEF Q700s driven by the Yamaha RN803. They pack a punch.

Hi guys,

Thanks.
Rel t7x / 9x are fullfill your needs

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back