Subwoofer recommendations needed!

Essbee436

Hi everyone!
New to this forum and this is my very first post.
I enjoy film and music and have just started my Hi-fi journey.
Browsed a lot of threads on this forum, called up multiple vendors in Delhi and had some demos.
My choice was between Elac B5.2 and Q3020i and finally ordered 3020i as my front channels and 3090i as my centre channel due to space and sound issue.
(Will be powered with my new x1700 denon that I got last week)

For the sub, I've been recommended the qb12 due to performance and also it matching well with the consistency of the front channels.
My usage is movies:music 60:40 and I don't need very very punchy bass because:
1. I already have a dedicated HT room
2. I live on the 1st floor with my parents below my floor so don't want them to wake up in the middle of the night because of my film sessions.

What sub do you recommend under 50k?
(My room is approx 20 feet x 20feet and my Couch is approx 10 feet from the tv and front channels)
Attaching a photo which has my old sony HTiB speakers connected to the x1700 while I wait for the new QA speakers. (Ps: yet to do some cable management once I have the new speakers come in)

TL;dr - need sub recommendations for a sub under 50k for a 20x20 feet room.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20230320_110744.jpg
    20230320_110744.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 64
Qb12 is not a sub under 50k. It has a Mrp of 1.04L. So even with 30% discount it’s going to cost you 70k+. Better look at Rel HT series. Won’t normally recommend for this room size but seems like you just want a sub for completing a secondary set up.If you want to stick with budget 50k then look at Polk, taga subs

If possible get the same sub you are using in your primary setup..
Advantage is , you wont feel u are loosing BASS in your secondary setup.
Later you can use this sub for dual setup in your primary HT room.

If you still look for other subs, with 50k i think polk HTS12, Earthquake FF12, Elac SUB3010 might fit in your budget.
Or else u might need to look in to 10" Subs, It should be good enough .. if you are sitting (7-10 ft) closure to your setup /and Sub should be kept in the corner for better performance.

Last edited:
Qb12 is not a sub under 50k. It has a Mrp of 1.04L. So even with 30% discount it’s going to cost you 70k+. Better look at Rel HT series. Won’t normally recommend for this room size but seems like you just want a sub for completing a secondary set up.If you want to stick with budget 50k then look at Polk, taga subs
Apologies for the wrong communication.

Qb12 was suggested to me and that being out of my budget I was suggested BIC America PL200 was suggested to me which comes right in at 49k approx. Do you have any thoughts on this one?

I remember reading your words for the xtz 10.17 and rythmic but sadly those ones I can't get right now...
Would you have any suggestions for Polk subs?

If possible get the same sub you are using in your primary setup..
Advantage is , you wont feel u are loosing BASS in your secondary setup.
Later you can use this sub for dual setup in your primary HT room.

If you still look for other subs, with 50k i think polk HTS12, Earthquake FF12, Elac SUB3010 might fit in your budget.
Or else u might need to look in to 10" Subs, It should be good enough .. if you are sitting (7-10 ft) closure to your setup /and Sub should be kept in the corner for better performance.
Thank you, will surely check out these recommendations!
Unfortunately, unable to match the sub of the primary HT setup since that's an older Bose lifestyle HTiB system which I bought eons ago.
My Couch is about 10 feet from the tv and sub will be placed in the corner of the room so could you suggest some 10inch subs too?
( pic attached shows my sony sub in the same spot I intend to use..Sony sub is a passive one from old HTiB setup so kept there just for now)

My Couch is about 10 feet from the tv and sub will be placed in the corner of the room so could you suggest some 10inch subs too?
( pic attached shows my sony sub in the same spot I intend to use..Sony sub is a passive one from old HTiB setup so kept there just for now)
Better get 12" Subs like HTS12, Earthquake FF12, Elac SUB3010 i think those will be in 50k budget.
Only if your budget is constrain then consider getting 10" in same brands above.

I was using Sonodyne 10" Roar subwoofer in the past and it was also quite good.i think it was priced 35k.

Hi everyone!
Browsed a lot of threads on this forum, called up multiple vendors in Delhi and had some demos.
My choice was between Elac B5.2 and Q3020i and finally ordered 3020i as my front channels and 3090i as my centre channel due to space and sound issue.

For the sub, I've been recommended the qb12 due to performance and also it matching well with the consistency of the front channels.
2. I live on the 1st floor with my parents below my floor so don't want them to wake up in the middle of the night because of my film sessions.

(My room is approx 20 feet x 20feet and my Couch is approx 10 feet from the tv and front channels)
Attaching a photo which has my old sony HTiB speakers connected to the x1700 while I wait for the new QA speakers. (Ps: yet to do some cable management once I have the new speakers come in)

Thanks in advance.
20×20 = 400sq # you need power full good quality sounding subwoofer sir my personal choice 'sunfire ' REL' earthquake ' last but not A least polkaudio 660

Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance.

Get Polk HTS10

Apologies for the wrong communication.

Qb12 was suggested to me and that being out of my budget I was suggested BIC America PL200 was suggested to me which comes right in at 49k approx. Do you have any thoughts on this one?

I remember reading your words for the xtz 10.17 and rythmic but sadly those ones I can't get right now...
Would you have any suggestions for Polk subs?
I recently helped calibrate the polkhts12 using rew at a fm place. It was a 10*11 room and it measured well and as advertised it had good output till 24hz. Few complained recently that bic refused amp replacement during warranty. So better stick with Polk in that budget

Better get 12" Subs like HTS12, Earthquake FF12, Elac SUB3010 i think those will be in 50k budget.
Only if your budget is constrain then consider getting 10" in same brands above.

I was using Sonodyne 10" Roar subwoofer in the past and it was also quite good.i think it was priced 35k.
Thank you! I spoke to the dealer about these and HTS12 seems to be unavailable but he offered the 10" HTS10 model apart from the QA3070S and BIC PL200, all under 45k.

I recently helped calibrate the polkhts12 using rew at a fm place. It was a 10*11 room and it measured well and as advertised it had good output till 24hz. Few complained recently that bic refused amp replacement during warranty. So better stick with Polk in that budget
Glad to hear that you found the HTS12 to be decent!
Will definitely stay away from BIC in that case!
Will post my final purchase soon!
Thank you

Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance.

HI Esbee. Looks like you have a large space. If you can stretch your budget a bit or look at getting two smaller subs in the same budget I think that would be much more beneficial to you then going with a single sub. You will get much more consistent bass and be less affected by room modes and standing waves if you can place two subs in the room. Also try and avoid keeping them directly in the corner of the room because that will cause unnecessary boundary gain and make the low frequencies feel very boomy. Hope that helps. Thanks

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back