Subwoofer under 1Lakh rupees

sid129

Hello members. I am planning to upgrade my subwoofer (Klipsch R120-sw) which is boomy and inaccurate. I’m shifting to new place where the room is going to be little above 3000 cubic ft. I want the subwoofer to be not at all boomy and should have good authority at 20hz.

Currently I’m considering starke sound sw15
and tonewinner sw-d4000 12 inch subwoofer(sceptical about reliability). I’m not after gobs of bass but accuracy. Also needed suggestions for a ported sub with aforesaid requirements.

Thank you!!!

Hello members. I am planning to upgrade my subwoofer (Klipsch R120-sw) which is boomy and inaccurate. I’m shifting to new place where the room is going to be little above 3000 cubic ft. I want the subwoofer to be not at all boomy and should have good authority at 20hz.

Currently I’m considering starke sound sw15
and tonewinner sw-d4000 12 inch subwoofer(sceptical about reliability). I’m not after gobs of bass but accuracy. Also needed suggestions for a ported sub with aforesaid requirements.

Thank you!!!
Check Ascendo sv12 also. I have upgraded from.klipsch 120 to ascendo

And also check klipsch new RP series subs like rp1200 . Heard great about them
I would like to try something other than Klipsch. My main gripe about starke sound sw15 is its power, where the continuous is 475 and peak is 950. Does the sub bottom out if I push it further to higher SPLs because of lower power for a 15 incher? And when it comes to tonewinner d4000, it has more than enough power (continuous:800, peak:3000+ as per their website) for a 12 incher and been doubting about port chuffing at lower frequencies. Even though Rythmik FVX12 counters both issues by getting deeper and tighter, not quite sure of filling 3000 cubic ft. room.
Any thoughts on this?

Thank you!

I would like to try something other than Klipsch. My main gripe about starke sound sw15 is its power, where the continuous is 475 and peak is 950. Does the sub bottom out if I push it further to higher SPLs because of lower power for a 15 incher? And when it comes to tonewinner d4000, it has more than enough power (continuous:800, peak:3000+ as per their website) for a 12 incher and been doubting about port chuffing at lower frequencies. Even though Rythmik FVX12 counters both issues by getting deeper and tighter, not quite sure of filling 3000 cubic ft. room.
Any thoughts on this?

Thank you!

Brands to consider, SVS, Rhythm, Definitive Technology, Sunfire, Velodyne, Martin Logan, etc.

You should also explore subwoofers which are used professionally like QSC, Mackie, Electro Voice etc.

Audition where possible before making any purchase. Possibly pre owned maybe available through classifieds and certain websites like Facebook Market place and olx if you want to get the best within budget.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you!
All these peak power rating stated are just marketing gimmick any speakers voice coil will melt within fractions of a second if 3000W is pushed through it.
475W RMS and 950W peak seems to be a much more realistic number. Port cuffing is a result of smaller port width than actually required,one way of countering it is to have a HPF at tuning frequency to limit excursion and also limiting port velocities most good subs have this feature.

Regards
Aniket Das

I’m not after gobs of bass but accuracy. Also needed suggestions for a ported sub with aforesaid requirements.
Any thoughts on this?
thats not a very large room for something like the Rythmik FVX12 to even work up a sweat 😄. Earlier, I was using a Rythmik E15 HP2 (which is similar in output to the FVX12) for filling a space that was around 3600 cubic feet and it was digging clean till 8hz at -2db @ 100db no problem. Currently I'm use a single 10 inch 300W sealed sub for a 2000 cubic feet room and a 15 inch 400W ported sub for around 4500 cubic feet - its all about placement. INsofar as accuracy is concerned, it does not get much better than Rythmik.

Last edited:
Have you located dealer yet? I might have missed it but haven't read about this subwoofer anywhere on the forum recently.
I have seen some reviews and they are positive. Just skeptical about 475watts for a 15 inch driver.

I've kept it on hold to contact them until I finalize.

Here is another dealer, would suggest you audition in person. Which location are you from?

What may sound great to my ears may sound bad to you! Hearing and expectations would differ from person to person. It would make sense to audition the recommended brands with known dealers who will support warranty claims and take a call!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back