Suggest a good Soundbar

jain1980

I am looking for a good soundbar within a budget of 12-14K. Please suggest me some good models. I had a look at Samsung HW-D450 and it sounded good but would like to consider other options too.

i checked the price of Yamaha YHT-S400..Its around 30K. Definitely out my budget which is 12-14K. Also I didnt like all the controls on the Yamaha being on the subwoofer. Can't keep it away from the screen. Luks like samsung HW-D450 is the only option in this range.

the samsung samsung HW-D450 has a wireless subwoofer which is good but I had auditioned it in croma once , the subwoofer is very very weak and useless

moreover its just a 2.1 bar with optical input, which is again useless bcoz even if the optical will send 5.1 the sound bar will give you only 2 channels

why not buy a decent 2 speaker system to get better result

one option is from our "hater's club" bose, its called companion 20 speakers, its has a design which will make a room full of sound, I am not praising it by any means but it will come within ur 14k budget

suggest you to audition the soundbar urself and see if u like the sound specially the subwoofer and also if you get a chance look out for some good 2 speakers system you can also use their 3.5mm jack to connect the TV to get 2 channel better sound like you will get from a soundbar

the samsung samsung HW-D450 has a wireless subwoofer which is good but I had auditioned it in croma once , the subwoofer is very very weak and useless

moreover its just a 2.1 bar with optical input, which is again useless bcoz even if the optical will send 5.1 the sound bar will give you only 2 channels

why not buy a decent 2 speaker system to get better result

one option is from our "hater's club" bose, its called companion 20 speakers, its has a design which will make a room full of sound, I am not praising it by any means but it will come within ur 14k budget

suggest you to audition the soundbar urself and see if u like the sound specially the subwoofer and also if you get a chance look out for some good 2 speakers system you can also use their 3.5mm jack to connect the TV to get 2 channel better sound like you will get from a soundbar

Thanks for the valuable suggestions. I auditioned the HW-450 once in reliance and found it good but may be bcos it was in their Home theatre section with wooden flooring and walls. May be I should audition it again.

I can't use the 3.5mm jack since there is no RCA output from my LG LW5700 LED. How about a proper 5.1 home theatre like Samsung HT- D550? Will the woofer be good in such systems though I don't have the provision to place the 5.1 speakers apart.

there should be a 3.5mm jack sound output in ur TV somewhere in back or side for sure, check it carefully and see in manual, if you just looking for 2 channel in around 14k, getting a 2 decent speaker set will be good enough.

what price are you getting the Samsung HT- D550 for ? as i have not listened it so cant suggest anything for that, you will have to listen and decide urself

well, looking at my samsung lcd at home its useless to watch high defn content without good sound effect...

i was thinking of adding 2.1 speakers like creative or so (max arnd 3k) is there anything in sound bars ??

if you are looking to enjoy full sound effect then it has to be a 5.1 system

for normal speaker for 3K range, I think get any good sounding creative etc speaker and hook it to ur TV with 3.5mm audio input, but again its heavens and earth comparison between this and a 5.1 system :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back