Suggest a TV-Monitor

ukjeyaraj

Hi All,

I planning to get a display panel in next 2 or 3 days. Usage will be maximum as PC monitor, occassionally as TV. Even while watching TV it will be connected through AV-in and I am never going to use RF antenna cable. The features I am looking for are :

1) Full HD
2) Screen size more than 22 inches
3) Connections required are HDMI, DVI, VGA, AV-in
4) Remote (preferred but not must)
5) USB (preferred but not must)

I have identified few models which are given below in my order of preference

1) Samsung P2370MS
2) LG M237WA
3) AOC V24T

I need suggestions and recommendations on these models. If there are other better models pliz suggest the same. Wherever possible kindly quote the price.

Today checked in Croma and found Samsung P2370MS without remote for 15K. They told they could not get the remote for me. LG - M237WA was not available however LG -M197WA was available for 9.5K but it is only HD ready.

But I saw two 32inch LCD TV with PC Input for cheaper price. Both are demo pieces

Samsung - LA32B530 for 28K
Videocon - VLL32FBA for 25K

Is is advisable to take these 32inch LCD TVs and use it as monitor also?

There is one ACER also ,discussed on forum
Samsung without remote? It was display piece?

BTW for displays Croma prices are very high IMHO

32 Inch PC Monitor ..wow.. but may be unmanagable too

also is it good as "work" monitor..For Excel,text,Word ,Editing,Programming Etc??Members your views please?

When you are using a panel as a PC Monitor, you are going to sit with your face a couple of feet from the monitor. I think a 22/24 inch monitor is more than enough.

Though a TV can be used as a monitor, I think it is a waste as you don't need half the electronics that is inside a TV. On the other hand, it does NOT have some of the electronics that are needed to act as a monitor.

The use of a large TV is all right for an HTPC or when you are making presentattions. When you are sitting 8 feet away, it is very uncomfortable to use a TV as a monitor.

Cheers

There is one ACER also ,discussed on forum
Samsung without remote? It was display piece?

BTW for displays Croma prices are very high IMHO

Samsung p2370ms without remote is not display piece. In fact in India this model is sold with remote as optional component

venkatcr said:
The use of a large TV is all right for an HTPC or when you are making presentattions. When you are sitting 8 feet away, it is very uncomfortable to use a TV as a monitor.

Is it possible to browse 5 feet away using 32inch LCD TV as monitor??

Is it possible to browse 5 feet away using 32inch LCD TV as monitor??

I have a 42 incher connected to an HTPC. Whenever I use the OS or any text based application, I always have to go near the TV to feel comfortable in using the system. But that is me.

Cheers

Got the point. I think i will settle down mostly for Samsung P2370MS. For movies I will connect the PC to my Epson-EX71. Thanks Venkat for all the inputs.

Today I got the Samsung P2370MS with remote for Rs.13500/-. I got it from a small dealer at Andheri.

Used it for nearly 3 hours now and I am happy with it.

if its gonna be usage for PC 32 will do unjustified damage to your eyes..

rather pick up a 22 or 24 wide screen monitor from viewsonic/benq/acer and add a tv tuner card to it..

monitor 6-8.5k odd and 1k for the tv tuner and you are good..

also you will get a remote for a tv tuner..

TV in place of a monitor is something i will never ever recommend i buyed a 19" x10 LCD from Panasonic and regretting it. i wanted a aperture grille or a flat CRT monitor but that technology is no more :( i recommend go for a 22" dell ultrasharp LCD which has IPS panel none of TVs in small sizes have a IPS panel! and add a tv tuner card to it. and yea its true full HD. don't make the mistake i made. cheers

I use my Samsung 40" C530 as a monitor connected to my desktop - mostly for HTPC & gaming purposes. Wireless keyboard & mouse and seating distance is 8'. However, if I try to edit documents or spreadsheets, or even browsing the web, my eyeballs begin to sizzle pretty quickly.

So the SOP now is:
- for work, laptop at 18"
- for play, TV/monitor at 8'

:D

Today I got the Samsung P2370MS with remote for Rs.13500/-. I got it from a small dealer at Andheri.

Used it for nearly 3 hours now and I am happy with it.

Hi

I had bought this monitor in Delhi on 19th October 2010 for 14500 so you got a good deal. :clapping:

I just wanted to know if you have compared the monitors "reception" when connected to HDMI vs when connected by DVI. In theory while there should be no difference I definitely see a difference in the colors no matter what adjustment you make. In fact in my case when connected through HDMI, if one looks closely the monitor shows a white border around text on web pages, it somehow does not give natural colours with HDMI, while if you play movies in "movie mode" in HDMI the colours are more natural. Have you noticed something similar?

Hi

I had bought this monitor in Delhi on 19th October 2010 for 14500 so you got a good deal. :clapping:

I just wanted to know if you have compared the monitors "reception" when connected to HDMI vs when connected by DVI. In theory while there should be no difference I definitely see a difference in the colors no matter what adjustment you make. In fact in my case when connected through HDMI, if one looks closely the monitor shows a white border around text on web pages, it somehow does not give natural colours with HDMI, while if you play movies in "movie mode" in HDMI the colours are more natural. Have you noticed something similar?

I have not tested with HDMI and DVI. I am currently using it only with VGA and briefly I used with Airtel DTH through composite in. Planning to use it with HDMI this weekend.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back