Suggest Good FM player

Sathish23

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a FM player with good sound quality?

My budget is below 2000 rupees, is there any known shop in ritche street,Chennai.

Regards,
Sathish

Please elaborate what exactly you want the FM player to be like...is it for personal listening via earphones or you want a big receiver or something like small old radio types.

You can also take a look at the 'for sale' section of this forum where a Fellow member was selling a radio, albeit a few months back. Check it that one or any other is available which suits your need. Alternatively, you can also put up a thread on the 'wanted' section of the forum.

Saket

Last edited:
Thanks saket, i need it for personal listening in my room i am not interested to listen through earphone.

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a FM player with good sound quality?

My budget is below 2000 rupees, is there any known shop in ritche street,Chennai.

Regards,
Sathish

If you are looking for a good FM Tuner to wire to your hi-fi rig, Rs.2000 is not going to work from a budget stand point.

What's a workable budget for an "acceptable" FM tuner, please. This is required for a budget stereo system

Edited to say FM tuner instead of player

If you are going for a dedicated tuner, Mass market tuners like sony, technics, panasonic, etc can be got at shops selling used gear for between 1000 and 2000 INR. If you want to go to the next level with NAD, etc you may have to stretch to the 7000+ bracket. If you go vintage with receivers, you will be looking at a different price point. Vintage radios are expensive so if looking at valve radios with FM, they are bound to cost you a fortune. Portable FM devices or mobile phones with FM are a less expensive option but you'll have to compromise on quality.

Thanks I have already contacted him and he is the second owner and using it for last 2 years and before that he is not sure of how long the 1 owner used it. Anyway I have asked him to send the pictures to my mail id.

Ok got the actual pictures of the unit and by the look of them it still looks pretty brand new. Very well maintained unit and also came to know that it does not have a remote but any Denon amplifier remote with tuner function keys works. So now even more tempted to get it as I have a Denon 510ae amplifier.

So any FM who can collect it on behalf of me and courier it to me will be great. I can transfer the amount in advance.

Thanks

I dropped the idea as the shipping from Trivandrum is costly and too risky for this item which is close to 10 years. But in the meantime I was able to get a Grace Digital Wifi Internet radio with built-in FM radio from US at good price of $125. My friend is carrying it and I should be able to get it within this month.

Thanks

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back