Suggest speakers for HT room of size 11 X 26

krishpiscean

Hi everyone, I have booked a 2000 SFT apartment for my parents and want to construct a home theater for my dad. I'm planning to make way for a decent size room by doing away a bedroom and joining it with drawing room.
So the whole room size would be 11 X 26. Not sure if this is a decent size.

Pls suggest

1. Good speakers for this room size
2. How to approach building a HT room like should I have an interior design first, lay cables during construction , have wooden floor etc

Budget for speakers is 1L and can extend to 1.5 if the quality is worthy. I already own a Denon 1911.

TIA.

Hi everyone, I have booked a 2000 SFT apartment for my parents and want to construct a home theater for my dad. I'm planning to make way for a decent size room by doing away a bedroom and joining it with drawing room.
So the whole room size would be 11 X 26. Not sure if this is a decent size.

Pls suggest

1. Good speakers for this room size
2. How to approach building a HT room like should I have an interior design first, lay cables during construction , have wooden floor etc

Budget for speakers is 1L and can extend to 1.5 if the quality is worthy. I already own a Denon 1911.

TIA.

So are you looking to fill up the entire bedroom + living room? While no expert HT, wouldn't the longer side of the room be too much for a HT setup (vis-a-vis the shorter side)? Maybe experienced can speaker better.

That said, I believe your choice of speakers will be restricted more by the 1911 than by size/budget. That is often not the typical issue with most folks :D That brings to me to my first question - the 1L budget is for a stereo set up or a 5.1/7.1? If it is 2.0 then lotsa options with good speakers! For 5.1/7.1, I will let the more learned on this forum speak up.

For floor standers, if you are looking at primarily at movies and not so much as music, I would recommend the Klipsch reference series (may be RF62?). They are pretty bright but do well for movies. And they are very efficient so will be driven easily by 1911. I would have recommended PSBs Image/Imagine series too but driving them through 1911 will be a stretch.

There are other good speakers too but I have auditioned them more from a music perspective.

Looking forward to others' opinion on this one.

Cheers

11x26 a very space for Ht, with 1911 you can go for
Tannoy V4 fronts+VC+VR for surrounds+Sub u can go velodyne impact 10 or 12 whole pack should come with on ur budget, keep aside 10-15% for cables and acessories..
design part u can google get a lot of designs . audition a few speakers ..

I'm not sure either, i thought of setting the screen on 11 feet side, so i guess the screen would be of decent size. Wish some experts give in their views.

So are you looking to fill up the entire bedroom + living room? While no expert HT, wouldn't the longer side of the room be too much for a HT setup (vis-a-vis the shorter side)? Maybe experienced can speaker better.

That said, I believe your choice of speakers will be restricted more by the 1911 than by size/budget. That is often not the typical issue with most folks :D That brings to me to my first question - the 1L budget is for a stereo set up or a 5.1/7.1? If it is 2.0 then lotsa options with good speakers! For 5.1/7.1, I will let the more learned on this forum speak up.

For floor standers, if you are looking at primarily at movies and not so much as music, I would recommend the Klipsch reference series (may be RF62?). They are pretty bright but do well for movies. And they are very efficient so will be driven easily by 1911. I would have recommended PSBs Image/Imagine series too but driving them through 1911 will be a stretch.

There are other good speakers too but I have auditioned them more from a music perspective.

Looking forward to others' opinion on this one.

Cheers

I'm not sure either, i thought of setting the screen on 11 feet side, so i guess the screen would be of decent size. Wish some experts give in their views.

Another set up you can explore is based on the new KEF Q Series - Q700 FS + Q200C center + Q100 surrounds. I am not very knowledgeable on the SW part but as dlkanth highlights, velodyne make swell SW. I am guessing this should be within 1.25L.

I have heard Q500 and loved them. I had got them paired with 1912 while auditioning them. Q700 should sound better :) If you are planning to stand mount the sorrounds, keeping aside something like 6-8k for good BS stands.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back