Suggestion requested - Headphones for 5K

shibashis

Hi,
This is a friend's requirement. He is looking for a headphone with maximum budget of 5k, primary source will be his HTC phone which in my opinion has fantastic sound quality. We have very similar listening tests, he is likely to be listening to classic rock, blues and oldies 80% of the time.

We probably will have to order it online which is perfectly alright. Forum members have imported / got it shipped from abroad, in that case please advise how to go about it, which site is reliable and which will be the most hassle free experience all in all. One leans heavily toward Sennheisers for these purchases almost as a rule of thumb, he has a Sennheiser already and wants to experience others, I have suggested him the same. I would ideally have liked him to get the Audio Technica ATH-M50 but it is going to exceed his budget.
All things considered please suggest some options, all of your inputs are greatly appreciated.

Since he will be using it with mobile, I think he will use it outdoors. So openback won't be an option. If not, I would recommend Grado SR60i - 7,899/-

Which HTC model does he have ?

Hey dude I just love this Grado SR60i Just my cousin brought last. It is really awesome.

My two cents .. these are Rs 6900 in market .. and I auditioned one yesterday but am far from being impressed :sad: . I was really looking forward as they have so many good reviews and price is really good .. but I listened for fifteen minutes or so and wasn't able to make a decision to buy .. came back home!

Very sorry everyone for not checking my own thread.
@ Rupam : He has the Desire X, old model but has decent SQ. Yes, he will use it outdoors.
I have suggested him the Grado, where can I get them?

@ arvind: 2 votes for Grado, lets see.

@ Swami : One against the Grado. Maybe it requires a headphone amp to make shine. If so we need to keep in mind that he will not be spending on a headphone amp at the moment, but might very well do some point in time later. So the headphones should have acceptable performance even without an amplifier.

once again sorry for not checking before, thanks everyone.

You can also check Audio-Technica M30 and M35. You can check on Bajaao.com

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back