suggestion to buy LED-FHD TV

superpandal

Hi, I want to buy a 42- 48 inches FHD TV during this Diwali offer. my budget is Rs 50k. I require only full HD option. I don't need any other smart TV options.Please give your valuable suggestions to buy the model and company.

i can suggest you the one i get for myself, panasonic th50a410d FHD LED.just plain simple TV, no nonsense.

sorry didnt notice your budget was 50k.i would still suggest it if you could stretch a budget by another 8k or else you can look for a 42 inch version of the same model.there are many other options.but stick to the big manufacturers IMO.

thanks for your suggestion. I am ready to add another Rs 8K. The model looks very good. But the prize looks around Rs 73 K. Can u suggest me to find the store selling 58k.

i purchased the same from panasonic brand shop in lucknow.i am sure your city will have one of its own.try looking for it on the panasonic website.i brought the tv for 67,675 along with the wall mount included in the price.i also purchased additional warranties through some offer at that time for Rs 3325/,so in effect the whole thing was for 71k but that was almost 3 months back,rates have definitely come down AFAIK,you just have to bargain it harder buddy.
PS.: snapdeal is selling the set for a mere 58k.

I bought the LG 42LB5610 for around 45k from Croma but its available for cheaper online.

The good - has decent sound, picture, extremely easy to operate. Looks fantastic.

The bad - The table stand is a bit flimsy. The blacks I have read are not the deepest. But I couldnt identify it in playing hd movies, perhaps needs a better eye.

Last edited:
I bought the LG 42LB5610 for around 45k from Croma but its available for cheaper online.

The good - has decent sound, picture, extremely easy to operate. Looks fantastic.

The bad - The table stand is a bit flimsy. The blacks I have read are not the deepest. But I couldnt identify it in playing hd movies, perhaps needs a better eye.

How about the brightness? Is it ok for a well lit room? I compared with a Samsung and Sony equivalent model side by side in showroom but found it a little bit dull. Further the whites were not so good compared to Samsung/sony but black i did not find appreciable difference. However because of white the contrast may be lower. Some have reported that black appear to be on the greyish side.

I am yet to make up my mind between this and Samsung EH 5000

I started shortlisting 40/42 inch TVs (LG, Toshiba) and now finally decided to go with a 47 inch LG - LG 47 LB5610. LG Best shope offered me it for 60K including 2 year extended warranty, flexible wall mount and a not-so-useful DVD player in exchange with my 15year old CRT. Other offer is for Toshiba 47 inch L2400 for 59K.

Because both LG and Toshiba are in comparable price, I thought of going with LG as it has better support and may be better reputation(?). Can anyone comment whether it is a good decision /

@natholimean, i agree with you,LG is an established brand in televisions and have a very good ASS, have tested it myself.toshiba's service on the other hand is still unproven.so when going for a costlier purchase i would always advise to stick with the big4.besides you are getting addl warranties on the lg at the same price.

How about the brightness? Is it ok for a well lit room? I compared with a Samsung and Sony equivalent model side by side in showroom but found it a little bit dull. Further the whites were not so good compared to Samsung/sony but black i did not find appreciable difference. However because of white the contrast may be lower. Some have reported that black appear to be on the greyish side.

I am yet to make up my mind between this and Samsung EH 5000

I found it fine in a fairly well lit room. The TV I really liked was the 39 inch Sharp, it was a great price, I negotiated it to 35k so should be cheaper outside. But not sure of the ASS.

To a large extent, I feel these are budget TV's so dont have too much expectations on contrast,sharpness and blacks.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back