suggestions for 40+ tv

neubee

hi guys ,

im looking to buy a 40+ tv
my options are samsung 43E490 or viera TH-P42XT50D 42 Inch Plasma HD/3D TV because both are 3D plasma , and i dont want the blur of lcd and led.
viera has 3,500,000:1 Native Contrast but samsung dont mention it.... why ?:sad:

anyway .. which is a better buy ?

viera is around 48k and samsung cost about 44k at indiatimes ( i saw someone got it for 43.5k plus blue ray player , i guess )

if samsung , then what is the difference between 43E490 and 43D490 ?
i know that 43D490 is an older model , but does it have a better picture engine or panel ?
or is it the latest 43E490 , that is better because it is safer against burn ins ..

my view distance is about 8 - 9 feets and tv is to run sports , news or games.

i am not gonna watch any 3d or blue ray , but just picking up a 3d in case i wanna play some 3d game or watch some good 3d movie in future, otherwise i would consider this LG model too ,

LG 42PA4520 LCD TV - HD Ready 720p Plasma with life like Picture - LG Electronics IN

i welcome suggestions for all 40+ tv's but specially for the above mentioned.

go with Panasonic 42X50/42XT50. But if possible also compare it with Samsung and then decide. As per samsung's web site PS51E490B3R is the current model, suggest to go with this one and not any other. Always try to buy the current models to have access to the latest features and technology.
I am glad you realize plasma is a better buy over LED/LCD...........saves me the trouble of highlighting the benefits of plasma :)
All the best!!!

ps : in a store always turn down the lights to demo a plasma and to witness their true magic.

There is a similar open thread on this.

As far as the contrast ratios mentioned, these are more like dynamic contrast ratios which have no established fundamental or scientific method. No one mentions native contrast (full on white:full off black) which is accurate and scientific.

At the entry level it might be a tough call between Samsung and Panasonic but as we go higher up it''s hard for Samsung to beat Panasonic's ST,GT,VT.......totally worth every penny!!!
At a recent shoot out to determine the worlds best HDTV 2012, the VT50 beat every tv in the market including the best LEDs from Samsung, Lg, etc..........It even surpassed the Sharp Elite Pro in overall standing, which is now the BEST LED tv ever which is over $4000.
This might help : Best HDTVs overall - CNET Reviews

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back