Suggestions for 65 inch TV , Sony Samsung

mekr

Dear Friends,
Today I auditioned Sony 55x90J, LED tv , Sony 65A80j Oled & Samsung 65 inch NEO QLed QNA90 & 65 Neo QLED QNA85,same content repeated on all the television.Sony 65A80j excellent picture in dark scenes & also overall very good picture accompanied by excellent audiophile sound,next Sony n55x90J,sound was OK,picture was good ,but both sound & picture ,not in the league of Sony Oled ,then Samsung 65 QNA85,similar to sony 55x90J,could not match OLED in any department.last Samsung 65 QNA90,it matched in picture & sound to Sony OLED.
The living room,where TV is to be installed,is very bright ,and sitting position is 16 feet from the TV,currently my IPS panel LG TV cannot be seen in dark picture modes,as there are huge reflections .
Now looking at reliability & durability of Samsung ,I cannot decide for Samsung tv,but as per my requirement it is perfect for my room, does anyone has experience with Tv,s like TCL or MI 77 QLed with 192 dimming zones,which can be comparable to the above mentioned TV,s from Sony or Samsung. Looking to your experienced suggestions.
Thanks

If it's a bright room, QN90A no contest.

No, mi QLED 75" won't match the picture quality of these TVs. However, it's probably a better choice for you as the screen size will matter a lot more from 16 feet than the PQ advantage.

Also, since it's a bright room the perceived contrast will be very very low anyway. So local dimming and panel type won't matter really. You just need to get the biggest, brightest TV you can.

16 feet is a large distance, you are not going to notice minor differences in picture quality and your main criteria should be biggest size possible, so get the Mi 75 inch.

For a 65" oled you should not be more than 8 ft away. Its a waste .
Else get a full HD projector with a image size of 100" . Might suit you better.

I can tell you from my experience of using a 75 inch Mi TV that anything beyond 8-10 feet will definitely not be immersive . The Mi TV is extremely bright and handles reflections well in a bright lit living room with ample natural light. However at times I still prefer to draw the curtains for better viewing. I can well imagine that anything less bright than this will result in poor viewing experience.

I hope this helps to pick the appropriate screen size.

What is yo
I can tell you from my experience of using a 75 inch Mi TV that anything beyond 8-10 feet will definitely not be immersive . The Mi TV is extremely bright and handles reflections well in a bright lit living room with ample natural light. However at times I still prefer to draw the curtains for better viewing. I can well imagine that anything less bright than this will result in poor viewing experience.
As per your experience with 77 MI QLed TV,how do feel is the picture quality of this TV

What is yo

As per your experience with 77 MI QLed TV,how do feel is the picture quality of this TV

PQ is very good. Coming from a LG plasma , this has been an excellent upgrade. You can head over to the Mi 75 thread and take a look which has details of pros and cons of the tv

You've picked some nice models for TV's. The part that leaves me confused is your budget or what you're really after from a TV.

Both those Sony models you viewed are excellent and they are poles apart when it comes to pricing. The oled is >2x the price of the x90j!

For the money, the X90J is a killer product. That new processing chip isn't some gimmick. It actually works. For what is now considered old technology, that is lcd led panel, this TV is good evidence that there are some excellent non oled TV's out there.

Your viewing distance is quite a bit so ideally more screen real estate is better, in this particular case.

I cannot comment on reliability as both the Sony's are too new to the market. What I can say is Sony Support is decent in India so if you need anything (even long term), there is someone to fall back on. These are also global models (not India specific) so when it comes to software updates or revisions, they will eventually flow down to us too.

Dear Friends,
Today I auditioned Sony 55x90J, LED tv , Sony 65A80j Oled & Samsung 65 inch NEO QLed QNA90 & 65 Neo QLED QNA85,same content repeated on all the television.Sony 65A80j excellent picture in dark scenes & also overall very good picture accompanied by excellent audiophile sound,next Sony n55x90J,sound was OK,picture was good ,but both sound & picture ,not in the league of Sony Oled ,then Samsung 65 QNA85,similar to sony 55x90J,could not match OLED in any department.last Samsung 65 QNA90,it matched in picture & sound to Sony OLED.
The living room,where TV is to be installed,is very bright ,and sitting position is 16 feet from the TV,currently my IPS panel LG TV cannot be seen in dark picture modes,as there are huge reflections .
Now looking at reliability & durability of Samsung ,I cannot decide for Samsung tv,but as per my requirement it is perfect for my room, does anyone has experience with Tv,s like TCL or MI 77 QLed with 192 dimming zones,which can be comparable to the above mentioned TV,s from Sony or Samsung. Looking to your experienced suggestions.
Thanks
16 feet. Hmmmm 85" maybe. This is just a suggestion not recommendation - Vu 85" TV. It's supposedly FALD which hits 1000 nits. But honestly speaking my caveat is that if it is bought and you get to use it for 3-4 years and then wait and see if current branded 85" TVs are coming down in price. Or for a lakh and a half more than the VU 85" you may get Sony 85" 8000h. But with just 500 nits max peak brightness.

for 16 feet viewing distance and bright living room, you are really in a precarious position. 85" Tv may work but there are not many options available (in reasonable price). One suggestion would be to bring the seating area nearer to the screen and settle for a 65 inch sony/LG or 75 inch Mi TV.

Thanks to all of you regarding sony A90j Oled , with the new Evo panel will suit my requirement but it is too expensive ,so I have decided to buy a TV at lower price ,which may stabilize the technology & price ,as some members suggested I may opt for MI 77 but they don't have any tv on display in their own outlet or even 65 TCL mini led ,I was offered 75 samsung crystal series from last year in Kohinoor store , but picture does not come near to FALD tv,s in comparison.so I was going fellow members suggestions .I went to different stores for samsung last year FALD models like Q90 or 95 or 80 , only display models are available & barring sony,s A,8 oled or sonys x90j or samsung QN90 & 85 no other brands or models are on display

@mekr: It usually happens that when we go to hunt for previous years models, we do often encounter display models with an additional thrown in discount. I think the companies Samsung/Sony/LG et all stop the assembly line for the past year models once they launch their current models. Even if the sales man of the store says in the year 2021 about a 2019 or 2020 model that he has it as fresh stock - one must be extra careful. But fortunately such occasions in Mumbai are rare. .The same can't be said of online purchase. Other states too do encounter such issues.
Just yesterday I came across a topic where one of our members had brought a CX of LG as new which turned out to be used for more than 500 hours.

Back