Suggestions for first time HT user for a stereo setup for listening to music

abhisekkhanna

Hi,

request for your suggestions for a stereo setup for mainly listening to music. Would also like to hook up the system to the television to improve the television output but that is not really the prime requirement. The source of the music would be mainly apple music/amazon music.

I have auditioned Klipsch R-10 powered bookshelf, emotiva amplifier + Dali Zensor 3 and Klipsch wireless heritage series at a neighborhood shop. To be completely honest, we could not make out much of a difference to the untrained ear. The dealer was advising to go for the active speaker route considering the requirement.

Please advise if it is advisable to go the active speaker way instead of an amplifier+passive speakers. Also given the fact that the source would be mainly music streaming services, what would be the advise in terms of amplifier or network music receiver.

The total budget for the setup would be around Rs.60k. The budget can be pushed if there is a compelling choice.

Request your suggestions.

Regards

Hello,
Few questions:
What type of music do you listen to? (Do you need a subwoofer)
Room size?
Is your music source only streaming services?

Hi,

Music source would be only streaming services. The room size would be around 15.5 ft*13.75 ft. We usually listen to country, old Hindi, pop and contemporary music.

Regards

what would be the advise in terms of amplifier or network music receiver.

The total budget for the setup would be around Rs.60k.

Even if you consider watching movies occasionally, you can consider a 5.1 AVR with network features + 2.2 (or) 3.2 set-up.. A pair of BS and pair of subwoofers to produce the lows for both movies & music..

If budget is a concern, any used 5/7.1 AVR with network features will help you to complete 2.2 + AVR..

Hi,

request for your suggestions for a stereo setup for mainly listening to music. Would also like to hook up the system to the television to improve the television output but that is not really the prime requirement. The source of the music would be mainly apple music/amazon music.

I have auditioned Klipsch R-10 powered bookshelf, emotiva amplifier + Dali Zensor 3 and Klipsch wireless heritage series at a neighborhood shop. To be completely honest, we could not make out much of a difference to the untrained ear. The dealer was advising to go for the active speaker route considering the requirement.

Regards

Hi

I am a newbie too and have bought the Dali Zensor 3's recently. I have been extremely satisfied with the speakers considering that they do provide a decent amount of bass as well. An amplifier is generally a better choice but with the Dali's + amplifier will probably push your budget to around 70

Even if you consider watching movies occasionally, you can consider a 5.1 AVR with network features + 2.2 (or) 3.2 set-up.. A pair of BS and pair of subwoofers to produce the lows for both movies & music..

I am open to the thought. Can you please advise an AVR+BS+subwoofers and i will try to audition the same.

I am a newbie too and have bought the Dali Zensor 3's recently. I have been extremely satisfied with the speakers considering that they do provide a decent amount of bass as well. An amplifier is generally a better choice but with the Dali's + amplifier will probably push your budget to around 70

I am tilted towards the Dali Zensor 3 based upon your feedback. As i said earlier, i can push my budget if the choice is compelling.

Pardon my ignorance, but to stream music from an iphone /ipad /amazon echo, i would need a network music player or an AVR? or there would be amplifiers which can do the job? Please suggest some amplifiers which can be considered towards the same. I am planning to dedicate an ipad to stream the music.

I am open to the thought. Can you please advise an AVR+BS+subwoofers and i will try to audition the same.

I am tilted towards the Dali Zensor 3 based upon your feedback. As i said earlier, i can push my budget if the choice is compelling.

Pardon my ignorance, but to stream music from an iphone /ipad /amazon echo, i would need a network music player or an AVR? or there would be amplifiers which can do the job? Please suggest some amplifiers which can be considered towards the same. I am planning to dedicate an ipad to stream the music.

Most avr's can do that - you have to see the specs but I felt the quality drops drastically. I play most of my stuff using the XBOX One. Streaming from a mobile phone is generally not a good idea I feel.

Most avr's can do that - you have to see the specs but I felt the quality drops drastically. I play most of my stuff using the XBOX One. Streaming from a mobile phone is generally not a good idea I feel.

quality drops drastically by using an AVR? I am planning to dedicate an ipad to stream the music. I will look out for alternatives for the same.

Audioquest beetle dac... Can connect tv to it by optical out from cable box
Wharfedale diamond 11.2
Yamaha as301

Thanks! will check this out.

Any least expensive 5.1 AVR (Yamaha RX V 483, Pioneer VSX 831) with network & bluetooth would be around <=35K brand new, a pair of BS that you like + one or two subs depending on if you can push your budget..

If you choose to opt for a used AVR from FM here (<=25K), then choose an AVR which doesn't have Atmos support, but has wi-fi & bluetooth.. You can then add a pair of BS + one or twos subs depending on your budget..

I have never used apple products, nor the most recent echo & dot products.. But have played songs on my android mobile to the AVR using network (Both wired/ wireless).. Works just fine..

In your case, since you have ipad/phone, most AVR support Airplay feature.. So playing wireless should be fine..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back