Suggestions on Marantz PM6005 + Monitor Audio Bronze BX2

rajudhs

Hi,

I am planning for a stereo setup in my living room and more inclined on the following after some research.

Option 1: Marantz PM6005 + Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 Pair

Below are few other options that i am considering which will be a bit cheaper

Option 2: Marantz PM6005 + Wharfedale Diamond 122 Pair

Option 3: Marantz PM6005 + Wharfedale Diamond 121 Pair

Let me know your suggestions and valuable feedback.

Suggest you hear the Marantz + MA combo once before finalising. The older generation ones (PM7001 + BR series) had a tendency to sound a bit bright together

Hi

If possible, you need to audition the options you have shortlisted.....that is the best way to come to a decision. Technically you need to ensure that the impedance of speaker + amp are more or less same... Speakers who can deliver all frequencies between 20hz - 20khz would be ideal.....higher sensitivity levels 88db and above would improve performance and put less strain on the amp.....there would be tons of reviews or videos available on the net to guide you.....end of the day it all depends on what appeals to you and the budget.

Hope this helps

I have recently heard the Marantz PM6005 with the Amphion Helium 410's & found the combo to be very very good. Source was Marantz CD6005.
FM arhant was also with me & he can vouch the same.

i was also earlier thinking of

Yamaha AS 500 or RN 500
But these are costly in india, ex: AS 500 is 35K and AS 500 is more than 4 years old model. Do you know if these can be cheaper?

I am more inclining now towards Option 3:
Option 3: Marantz PM6005 + Wharfedale Diamond 121 Pair

Need to audition this setup in the weekend.

Hello, if someone has heard the Marantz PM6005 + Wharfedale Diamond 121 combo, could you please share your thoughts on it? would it be a better combo that the Yamaha A-S500 + Diamond 121?

thanks!

Back