Suitable Amplifier for Jamo S418

Sumit Rohatgi

HI Everyone, I am a newbie over here. I was able to buy a great set of Jamo S418s floorstanders. I am looking at advice for amps which will be good enough to drive them. The specs are as follows...
RMS: 120 W
Impedance: 6 ohms
Sensitivity: 90 db

With a Sensitivity of 90dB and 6ohms any amplifier over 25W can drive it. this is a regular commercial speaker hence will be designed to be benign enough to be run by most Amps and AVRs.

More important questions will be your room size, how you plan to place it as well as what is your budget . BTW what is the source you will using ?

Last edited:
HI Everyone, I am a newbie over here. I was able to buy a great set of Jamo S418s floorstanders. I am looking at advice for amps which will be good enough to drive them. The specs are as follows...
RMS: 120 W
Impedance: 6 ohms
Sensitivity: 90 db

Hi,

Firstly welcome to HFV.

Based on the specs you have shared, any good Stereo Integrated amplifier will do. It depends on how big is the listening area you have. 120 watts would be the peak. You can pair amps from 25-30 watts per channel as the speakers have high sensitivity which means less power can be used to drive them!

If it is within 150 to 200 sq feet, a decent 40+40 watts of Marantz should suffice. If you are used to hearing music continuous at loud volumes, then look at 75+75 Watts RMS as minimum.

Based on your budget, see for such amps, share a list with us and we can then help to shortlist the best for you. Audition where possible. There are dealers who even offer a home demo, check this and if possible would be great to have a home audition which is better as then you will really know how it sounds and what will be the right one as per your home placement and environment.

The room is around 200 sft. And 120 watts is continuous speaker power. I think an amp with around 70 watts at 6 ohms is what I am looking at.

With a Sensitivity of 90dB and 6ohms any amplifier over 25W can drive it. this is a regular commercial speaker hence will be designed to be benign enough to be run by most Amps and AVRs.

More important questions will be your room size, how you plan to place it as well as what is your budget . BTW what is the source you will using ?
The sources: TV via optical, media server playing Flacs

Hi,

Firstly welcome to HFV.

Based on the specs you have shared, any good Stereo Integrated amplifier will do. It depends on how big is the listening area you have. 120 watts would be the peak. You can pair amps from 25-30 watts per channel as the speakers have high sensitivity which means less power can be used to drive them!

If it is within 150 to 200 sq feet, a decent 40+40 watts of Marantz should suffice. If you are used to hearing music continuous at loud volumes, then look at 75+75 Watts RMS as minimum.

Based on your budget, see for such amps, share a list with us and we can then help to shortlist the best for you. Audition where possible. There are dealers who even offer a home demo, check this and if possible would be great to have a home audition which is better as then you will really know how it sounds and what will be the right one as per your home placement and environment.
Can you suggest amps within Rs 50000

You will need an amp with a DAC hence you should look at a stereo receiver like this , this or this

This will give you a good DAC as well as amp built in one.

adding one more

Last edited:
Marantz PM 6007 integrated amplifier is a good option as well as the Denon PMA-600NE Integrated amplifier

If you want an AV system then the Marantz NR 1200 or Denon DRA 800H Stereo Network Receivers are also great options

You will need an amp with a DAC hence you should look at a stereo receiver like this , this or this

adding one more
Thamk you

adding one more
I came across the Yamaha WXA 50. Do let me know if this is a good choice. I want sound quality over all other things.

If you don't require the built in streaming in the WXA50, the Yamaha integrated like the AS series is far better. Have used the Yamaha AS 500 with Jamo and preferred the Yamaha over the Marantz and Denon.

If you don't require the built in streaming in the WXA50, the Yamaha integrated like the AS series is far better. Have used the Yamaha AS 500 with Jamo and preferred the Yamaha over the Marantz and Denon.
True that. I’ve been using Yamaha AS501 with my Jamo C405 towers and am more than satisfied with the neutral sound. Wonder why the Yamaha’s have always been supposed to sound bright.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back