suitable stereo amp to drive wharfedale 9.6 floorstnders.

gannyboy

Hello friends,

Please suggest me a reasonably powered stereo amp (2X100-150 w at 6 ohms) to drive my wharfedale 9.6 speakers. I have hooked them to my marantz AV receiver right now. I want to use a splitter to use the same speakers for stereo also. I did go through most of the related threads in our forum and outside also, but couldnt come to a conclusion.

Thanks in advance
ganesh :)

wow...thanks guys for all the valuable inputs..will look into all the suggestions and take a call.

cheers
ganesh

I have used both the NAD 352 and the S100+c272 pre power with my 9.6...sounds great ....use a switch to hook the 9.6 to my denon 1910 for movies...

hi Astrix
thanks for the info...man can you tell me bout the switch that you use to toggle bet the avr and the stereo amp? Im looking for just one
thanks
ganesh

Gannyboy,
Have u finalised on the stereo amp?
Please let me know if u have auditioned any as i am also planning to set up one similar to this..

Cheers
Nag

denon PMA 700, the NAD 326,356 series , An arcam fj 28, a simaudio ( theres a 60rms int for sale at half MRP that i know of ) are all good choices depending on budget

I have used both the NAD 352 and the S100+c272 pre power with my 9.6...sounds great ....use a switch to hook the 9.6 to my denon 1910 for movies...

Hav u Bi-Amped yr Wharfies 9.6..
From AVR we can Bi-Amp d speakers.. Is it possible to BiApm the speakers from a 2-channel Spetreo amplifier...
In tat case that switch u r using cannot be used... as AVR will send Biamp signals and stereo only single...

If we want to exploit d Biamping feature and use for Stereo setup also...?? how can dis be resolved...??

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back