Sumanta here

Sumanta

Hi all,
I am beginner as a lover of sounds.

I was happy listening Jamo 426 and related sub and surround through Onkyo TX SR608. A Mission 702E changed my ears a bit thereafter, and then I listened to Jamo R909 or 707 without knowing what kind of speaker it is. I am still mesmerised by the sound.
Then I searched for that speaker and came to something about Ob speakers. then I tried to persue a frined of mine in Kolkata to make a speaker like Jamo 909. He is a wise man and so said NO, not a practical option for him.
I wanted to make one by myself, so searched for a forum and got you guys here.
While going through the forum, I have got someone who once made one OB speaker himself.

In the mean time, I got a chinese make tube amplifier. Its simplicity, honest true sound opened my ears and mind. Friends of mine in Kolkata confirmed the amp as a good start. My Mission 702E is not fulfilling the amp's requirement. It has 89db sensitivity only and that I think is the reason for slightly reduced treble and slightly over the edge bass.

My journey will be starting soon towards a speaker making travel. Let's see where I end.

I will be living in Baroda from December middle.
I am at present staying in Abudhabi.
I love to listen to good tune with good sound arrangement. Lyric comes next. I like folk, Indian popular, classical, Jazz, Country and any world music with rhythm and melody. I can't stand heavy rock, acid rock, RAP.

Sumanta
I love photography and love it quite more than sound though (at present).

welcome to HFV.
I hope you know the cost of Jamo r 909.

By the way, if you still have access to the shop, please try to find out what drivers they use as bass drivers.

Friends, thank you for your responses.

Yes John, how can I help you?

I will be in Baroda from 16th of December. Till then I am in Abudhabi.

In the mean time, I read with guidance from Jaudere for OB speakers. I had some discussion with my friends in Kolkata too.

My plan is to first search for good full range drivers like Fostex in Abudhabi. If I get such full range one, I will try to build OB speakers with another woofer of Indian origin and higher dB than the full range one. It already appears to be a dream to me. Having a good woofer with high sensitivity and a good Xover is another tough thing to achieve.

If I do not get a full range driver here in Abudhabi, I will try OB speaker setup from all Indian speakers.

Can anyone suggest me good Full range and Woofer from Indian manufacturer?
Woofer should have atleast 5dB more sensitivity.

thanks for your help,
Sumanta

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back