Super Chunk Bass Traps

mano2ht

Hi ,

I have planned to build super chunk bass trap , does any body have idea plan on this . :sad:

Another pic of unfinished corner

Attachments

• 1470414940844-631458252.jpg
    1470414940844-631458252.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 241
That looks superb. Could you please provide more details on how and where you got the bass traps from, finding the right points to cover up, etc.?

MaSh

Yes, please do give more details of materials used, fabrication method and cost.
Also a before and after for sound quality.

Material Used ,

Abosorbtion material - Rockwool - 2inch thickness 48kg density, i have purchase this locally, Pricing is 110 - rs per square meter. (750rs for 13 nos of 1 meter x 0.5 meter ).

Paneling - 18mm plywood (low grade) - 50 rs per square feet

Fabric Used - Acoustic fabric bought it online (http://www.srbrothers.in/index.php?route=product/product&path=17_157&product_id=319) , 300 rs per meter (54 inch in width), in back of the panel it is normal cotton fabric which is 100 rs per meter (breathable material) bought it locally.

Wood Stabler to fit the fabric (Kangaro Gun Tacker TS-623), bought it locally. Also available on Amazon india.

L clamp - Purchase from local hardware store (6 rs /clamp) , for corner joints of plywood

1 inch star screws

(tools used for wood work - circular saw , Hand drill /screw driver).

I have tested with 6 inch thickness panel on the corners ,It does not have control below 70/60 hz approx ,Yes there is a significant difference in frequency up to 100 hz , bass become very tight and its hitting the chest.

I believe super chunk can control some more low frequencies , my current super chunk depth is approx 19.6 inch depth and 1 meter width(lot sacrifice in corner space :eek:) from floor to ceiling

That looks superb. Could you please provide more details on how and where you got the bass traps from, finding the right points to cover up, etc.?

I did mirroring method to find first reflection point; from internet i found that bass will be more in corners. i played loop back beats and roam near the corners. I can hear the echo of the beat.

Attachments

• corner1.jpg
    corner1.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by a moderator:
Guys update on this ,

Even though i have two layers of fabric over my bass trap , i dont have control over off-gassing , so i have removed it and replacing with regular foams.

Few of them warned me , before i starting this, but i just ignored and did it. Now its pain

So dont ever use rockwool panel , i dont have idea when it kept inside drywall /wood.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back