SVS PB1000 and SB 1000

X man

Was planning to upgrade my velodyne impact 10 sub. Am considering SVS PB1000 or SB 1000. Read good reviews, but these are not available for auditioning in Mumbai. Any feedback from forum guys. Would this be a meaningful upgrade. And How is PB1000 for music.

Since you are based in Mumbai. you could audition other sub brands and take a call....

Visit Total Home Theatres and see what they have to offer in terms of sub brands and models,,,meet Darius....

You can get in touch with Alliance 4 audio at Goregoan(E), Mr. Kadam. tel 02226854664. He is a very helpful & genuine person. I picked up my SVS subwoofer from him. Other option is to order directly from Audiophile India( SVS dealer) in Delhi, contact person Mr. Samay/Mr. Arjun . You can get their nos from the internet. Mr. Kadam gave me a better deal. You will definitly not regret the SVS subwoofer but I have a different model.
SB model is sealed box & PB is ported box.

Play your familiar tracks, listen to them and make your decision. Audition is the key.
Sometimes setup is not done properly in demo rooms.
Home Cinema store,nsl mall Hyderabad ( now closed) had svs pb 2000 on demo. It sounded crap there.

Sub sound depends a lot on seating position, seating material ( bed vs sofa vs recliner), sub position, room size ( if minimal acoustics are done), number of subwoofers etc.

Even the best subwoofers cannot produce good bass if they aren't set properly.

I have a Single PB1000 creating havoc in an amazing way in my living room of 16x12. If you are getting an SVS for a good deal, grab it. You will be amazed by it.

MaSh

With approx same price tag check Rythmik Subs. Rythmik Audio is well known for their top quality audiophile bass output, they excel both in Cinema and Music performance. Audition is available in Avenuesound Mumbai.

Was planning to upgrade my velodyne impact 10 sub. Am considering SVS PB1000 or SB 1000. Read good reviews, but these are not available for auditioning in Mumbai. Any feedback from forum guys. Would this be a meaningful upgrade. And How is PB1000 for music.

Since you are upgrading from Impact 10, I suggest considering PB-2000.
It has got 12" driver and 500W RMS power. You can add SVS isolation feet for better results.

Since you are upgrading from Impact 10, I suggest considering PB-2000.
It has got 12" driver and 500W RMS power. You can add SVS isolation feet for better results.

Ported 1000 has a 10" driver. It's Sealed cousin has a 12" driver.

MaSh

Anyone heard SB2000. How is it for movies.. For 50:50 movie and music.. which one is better PB 1000 or SB2000,

Agree with htuser, impact 10 is a great sub itself. It has a sweetness in its rumbling. Not sure, If pb 1000 will be good enough upgrade. Do audition yourself. You should not feel slight to none improvement after spending so much bucks.

Anyone heard SB2000. How is it for movies.. For 50:50 movie and music.. which one is better PB 1000 or SB2000,

Depends on your room size and listening preference.

For small rooms SB2000 will be better, you will get tight clear bass, less Boomy in the room.
SB 2000 will be good enough for movies as well in small room.

For medium rooms, PB1000 is better especially if you want deep powerful bass which is required for movies.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back