taking baby steps, need help choosing floor speakers

Prasi2015

Dear audio gurus,

I just bought a pair of Class A full Vacuum tube mono block amp with 40Wattts RMS, i'm swimming in an Ocean searching for a good pair of floor speakers. so many to choose! need your expert advice.
My requirements are simple,
Clear crisp soft sound(midrange), punchy base (low freq) not a fan of deep base, and a good enough medium tweeters sound.
this is my first venture and a dream to own a good stereo. I will use only to listen to music and I listen to all kind of music depending on my mood.
My budget is 1 lakh rupee, kindly advice a good speaker. I might change the speaker after few years, but is just a start of my journey to listen to quality music.

thank you for your advice

Prasad

Hi Prasad! welcome to the Forum,

With 40 watts of tube power, you can pick almost any speaker you wish... but I suggest that you should look for efficiency well into the 90s. Few brands that can be considered are: PSB, Dali, Elac, JBL, B&W, Paradigm, MA, Polk Audio... and there are many others out there.

Though the output transformers on the tube amp provide some allowance for the speakers impedance, you will do best to avoid speakers that show the amplifier a complex load with wide variance in impedance curve.

It is a tricky thing choosing speakers... read specs, audition and decide.
Happy shopping and Good Luck! :)

Last edited:
You put down money on class a 40w tube monoblocks
This is a pretty serious step
Almost end of the line for many

Normally guys who buy this know exactly what they are looking for when they buy gear like this
I'm guessing you bought these used???

Normally I would have adviced you to look the rethum or cadence way
But your budget probably doesn't permit this

Though I think I saw a pair of rethum a on sale
You should really try and spring for those if you can stretch

If the rethum sound is not your taste
Maybe a Psb

Btw
What amplification is this exactly .?

Dear audio gurus,

I just bought a pair of Class A full Vacuum tube mono block amp with 40Wattts RMS, i'm swimming in an Ocean searching for a good pair of floor speakers. so many to choose! need your expert advice.
My requirements are simple,
Clear crisp soft sound(midrange), punchy base (low freq) not a fan of deep base, and a good enough medium tweeters sound.
this is my first venture and a dream to own a good stereo. I will use only to listen to music and I listen to all kind of music depending on my mood.
My budget is 1 lakh rupee, kindly advice a good speaker. I might change the speaker after few years, but is just a start of my journey to listen to quality music.

thank you for your advice

Prasad

What is the room size?

in that price range my speaker of choice is the monitor audio silver 6. though would go a little above your budget. but def worth it, esp with the specs on that amp.

Hey, you may also speak with Mr. Viren Bakhshi of Lyrita Audio. He can offer you very good speakers based on his horn design series of speakers. I am just finishing up with my speakers project with him. Can safely vouch that it will satisfy your requirements and even beyond. Will give you a balanced and true sound. Also, those speakers are a very good match to tube amps.

Generally, he offers his speakers with Eminence drivers for the sake of keeping those economical, otherwise you may speak with him if he can arrange some Altec vintage drivers for you or drivers from Great Plains Audio. These speakers could pretty much end your search for good.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back