Tanoy mercury f1 custom

dips0502

Hey Guys, help me out on this one. I have somebody offering me a Tanoy Mercury F1 Custom speakers...2 year old for 9k. I have the Onkyo 3300 HT and was looking to replace the front 2 speakers that came default with it. I sometime in the future plan to go for a stereo amp, but for now, will use the Onkyo 3300 to drive the Tanoy bookshelves. Let me know what you feel about the offer and whether the Onkyo would do a reasonable job of driving it.

I had paired it with onkyo HTib & sound was good.But not many stereo amp go well with Tannoy F1.Rotel,pioneer can match,still you wont get deep Bass.

It's a good speaker. Try to negotiate a bit down, though it's an ok deal.

Not sure how the amp will treat it, and how it will gel with the rest of the speakers, in your current setup. Grab this deal for the time being and keep an eye for a used Norge. Should be yours just for a few thousands. That way you can have two separate systems even at a budget.

What about the Cambridge Audio S30 instead with the Onkyo HTib/ Norge. Is the S30 a better deal considering a new one can be had for 8-10k ? I am under a very tight budget, but still want a decent setup. How will be the bass on S30 compared to the Tanoy Mercury F1 Custom ?

What about the Cambridge Audio S30 instead with the Onkyo HTib/ Norge. Is the S30 a better deal considering a new one can be had for 8-10k ? I am under a very tight budget, but still want a decent setup. How will be the bass on S30 compared to the Tanoy Mercury F1 Custom ?

Bass on F1 will be better than S30 as driver of Tannoy is a bit bigger.Still if you compare F1 with wharfedale 9.1,then wharfedale will have more bass than it.

Bought tannoy f1 custom preowned n marantz pm40s! My budget was 15k for stereo setup for my bedroom! It came to 17 together! I am using ps2 as source! Sounds very nice! Really like it! I wanted to buy tannoy f1 for surrounds! But now i feel tannoy f1 to be in stereo setup alone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back