TDL RTL3 Transmission line speakers + Yamaha RX-V2092

Srinath_Murthy

Hi,

I have a pair of british made TDL RTL3 floor standers (Apparently TDL was a subsidiary of ELAC during 1986-91). See the fascinating thread below that has a UK guy (Neil Paget) who used to work for TDL. Very large TDL Speakers - any clues?

Reverent followers in this old thread (2003) further elaborate - "Transmission lines speakers are a type of enclosure design as are ported and acoustic suspension. The transmission line speakers used KEF drivers back then".

A gent called Karl Loftin says: I understand that TDL are no longer trading. I learnt from a founder employee of KEF that due to two unfortunate deaths in the small company they were unable to continue trading. This is a great shame not only to the obvious loss but additionally due the demise of a great speaker manufacturer.

I wonder if there are other folks in India who own TDL speakers. I'd be most keen to connect on this topic. :) BTW, I drive my TDLs thorugh a Yamaha RX-V2092 which is fed from a Samsung HD860 up-converting DVD player.

Cheers,
Srinath

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back