TEAC Anyone?

venkatcr

For some inexplicable reason I have always been wanting to have a TEAC unit, whatever that maybe. I longingly looked at an AVR, but unfortunately other brands moved far ahead. I looked at their mini series, but my son forced me to buy a Sony. I may yet throw the Sony and a get a cute TEAC unit.

I recently came across a reference class CD player - PD-H600 - which seems to gather good reviews.

The absolute sound has found it good enough to give it an Editor's choice award.

Wish this was available in India.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Venkat, Teac as you know is the mass-market cousin of Esoteric so I presume the technical expertise would have trickled down.

I had a chance to listen to a mini-system from Teac a few years back in US. I also got to compare it side-by-side with a Sony mini and the difference was quite apparent. Teac was much more clear and a lot less bright (somehow I've always found the mini systems to be bright). There was not much ear fatigue. The bass was tight though without much body. The system did struggle with some demanding tracks from the likes of Pineapple Thief and King Crimson where there was some amount of jarring. Sony on the other hand completely gave up and went to pieces.

I also heard one of their turntables along with one from numark and project debut II. Project was way ahead. teac and numark sounded quite like the mass-market TTs they were.

I have not heard their CDPs but I have a feeling they might be better sounding than the regular ones we come across from Denon, NAD and CA.

You can contact Shemaroo, Mumbai,India
They keep TEAC products.-
Shemaroo Home Theater in Mumbai (23808095).

For some inexplicable reason I have always been wanting to have a TEAC unit, whatever that maybe. I longingly looked at an AVR, but unfortunately other brands moved far ahead. I looked an their mini series, but my son forced me to buy a Sony. I may yet throw the Sony and a get a cute TEAC unit.

I recently came across a reference class CD player - PD-H600 - which seems to gather good reviews.

The absolute sound has found it good enough to give it an Editor's choice award.

Cheers

venkat,if im not mistaken,isnt there someone selling a TEAC component(amongst other very interesting stuff)in the classifieds section?might not be exactly the one ur looking for but worth a second glance.cheers

venkat,if im not mistaken,isnt there someone selling a TEAC component(amongst other very interesting stuff)in the classifieds section?might not be exactly the one ur looking for but worth a second glance.cheers

Yes, a guy called Atul Arora. I did write to him about his Teac PD-350 CD Player. We are in discussion on the product. I have not been able to get any details on it though.

Cheers

I have not heard their CDPs but I have a feeling they might be better sounding than the regular ones we come across from Denon, NAD and CA.

I agree. If it has even 30% of the capabilities of it's Esoteric cousin, it will be fantastic player. Teac usually prices its product very low, and this CDP is priced quite high. I have a feeling it will have a much higher value than its price.

Cheers

Last edited:
For some inexplicable reason I have always been wanting to have a TEAC unit, whatever that maybe. I longingly looked at an AVR, but unfortunately other brands moved far ahead. I looked at their mini series, but my son forced me to buy a Sony. I may yet throw the Sony and a get a cute TEAC unit.

Cheers

hi venkatcr

there is a TEAC AX 3000 stereo amplifier up for sale in kannur -

i do not anything about the qualities of said amp -

if you are interested i can talk to the seller - it is a second-hand piece

regds

Thanks, Suri. I am looking for a CDP only. I already have two amplifiers and my planned upgrade is a pre/power when I can afford it.

Cheers

The Teac cdp looks very promising. Should be great VFM. In UK its priced at 400 pounds. Many are offering it at 360 pounds. Thats about 650 USD.

Last edited:
i am actually considering this to pair with dali ikon 6..
unfortunately, cannot audition it in delhi...
can anyone tell me how they are? are they on warmer side ?
along with this, i am considering arcam cd17+arcam a28?
which one do u guys feel will go better with dali?

edit: i am considering the teac reference 600 combination

Are you referring me doc?

I had ( and still have) Teac CD-P1160D

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back