Technics SL-1700 Cueing help

equalizr

I picked up an sl-1700 TT today, and all works perfect except for the cueing rest -It stays in the up position no matter if you move the cueing lever up or down.
I looked inside and see a spring that's supposed to bring the cueing rest down, but it does not. any help would be great, you can push in the rest with your hand, but it just pops back up and does not let the needle touch the record.

fixed!
took off the tonearm assembly off (3 screws on the underside) and found a plastic cam with a spring that was stuck and was all gooked up that spun on a brass post that has green all over it-took off the screw that held it in place and cleaned the brass post and applied a drop of light oil, put the cam back and now it works perfectly.
very proud of myself!

fixed!
took off the tonearm assembly off (3 screws on the underside) and found a plastic cam with a spring that was stuck and was all gooked up that spun on a brass post that has green all over it-took off the screw that held it in place and cleaned the brass post and applied a drop of light oil, put the cam back and now it works perfectly.
very proud of myself!

Good job!!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back