Technics SU-8022 Stereo Amplifier

jmascreen

Hi,

Can anyone let me know the best price to buy second hand Technics SU-8022 Stereo, Any 10 Band equalizer and Tower Speakers for this set.

Regards
Justin

consideing the factual data and applyng qudratic integration over la-place transform ,further using lagrangaes polynomial over hyzenberg's uncertanity principle the price should fall between negative infinity to positive infinity. ( negative price is defind as seller paying you money to take his stuff!)

consideing the factual data and applyng qudratic integration over la-place transform ,further using lagrangaes polynomial over hyzenberg's uncertanity principle the price should fall between negative infinity to positive infinity. ( negative price is defind as seller paying you money to take his stuff!)

Is it rocket science ?
To my point it Depends on the seller and your negotiating capability...

Hi,

Can anyone let me know the best price to buy second hand Technics SU-8022 Stereo, Any 10 Band equalizer and Tower Speakers for this set.

Regards
Justin

IMHO, you can stretch your budget safely upto INR 5001/-!
If youlike the sound and condition, that extra rupee would go a long way.
Regards

Jokes apart, Take an average of all suggested prices, that would be the best price. Also, make sure you give it a thorough A&I (audition and inspection).
Regards

consideing the factual data and applyng qudratic integration over la-place transform ,further using lagrangaes polynomial over hyzenberg's uncertanity principle the price should fall between negative infinity to positive infinity...

This stuff still haunts my dreams!

How is the performance comparison between Technics SU-8022 and Marantz PM-450

Regards
J

How is the performance comparison between Technics SU-8022 and Marantz PM-450

I haven't done an A/B comparison between the two, but I expect the Marantz will be better. The Technics has STK00xx modules as the output power stage, and they're not that great on sonics compared to all-discrete BJT power stages. OTOH, the Technics has a very nice discrete RIAA phono stage, which is perfect for use with MM cartridges on most Technics or similar turntables. It's also great for modding because of its simplicity (see below).

Capt. Rajesh on this forum had an SU-8022 for sale a few months ago - PM him directly if you can pick it up in Chennai.

Related: I have just finished modding a Technics SU-8011 (same chassis and circuit topology, lower power) with a pair of MyRef RevC monoblocks (LM3886 + LM318) in place of the STK power stage. I also modded the phono stage with high-end film and electrolytic caps (Silver Micas, Wima FKP2, Rifa PHE426, Nichicon Muse and Rubycon Black Gates). The whole thing took nearly 50 hours of work spread over several months, but it was well worth the effort - I'll post pics and an outline of the mods later. The main payoff is the combination of the MyRef RevC with the (upgraded) discrete RIAA phono stage, allowing a single integrated amp to be used directly with almost any turntable, without the need for a phono preamp.

I haven't done an A/B comparison between the two, but I expect the Marantz will be better. The Technics has STK00xx modules as the output power stage, and they're not that great on sonics compared to all-discrete BJT power stages. OTOH, the Technics has a very nice discrete RIAA phono stage, which is perfect for use with MM cartridges on most Technics or similar turntables. It's also great for modding because of its simplicity (see below).

Capt. Rajesh on this forum had an SU-8022 for sale a few months ago - PM him directly if you can pick it up in Chennai.

Related: I have just finished modding a Technics SU-8011 (same chassis and circuit topology, lower power) with a pair of MyRef RevC monoblocks (LM3886 + LM318) in place of the STK power stage. I also modded the phono stage with high-end film and electrolytic caps (Silver Micas, Wima FKP2, Rifa PHE426, Nichicon Muse and Rubycon Black Gates). The whole thing took nearly 50 hours of work spread over several months, but it was well worth the effort - I'll post pics and an outline of the mods later. The main payoff is the combination of the MyRef RevC with the (upgraded) discrete RIAA phono stage, allowing a single integrated amp to be used directly with almost any turntable, without the need for a phono preamp.

Hi,
I have a Technics Su8022 and I fully agree with you.

Regards,

Sachin

Thanks for the suggestion

I will go ahead with the purchase of Marantz. Suggest me a best speakers for it with room shaking bass

Regards
Justin

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back