Thailand- the best place for buying TV in the grey market?

Can anyone let me know the price of Sony KDL-46HX850 and Samsung UA46ES8000R price in Thailand. Planning to buy them this December and how much difference is there between prices of Thailand and Gaffar Market.

can try powerbuy.th for online prices of thailand

Can anyone let me know the price of Sony KDL-46HX850 and Samsung UA46ES8000R price in Thailand. Planning to buy them this December and how much difference is there between prices of Thailand and Gaffar Market.

The best quote for SAMSUNG UA 55ES8000R is 60000Baht and for Samsung UA46ES8000R is 46000 baht.

but how much bribe we should pay for the customs officials to clear through airport exit ?
will the airport workers handle the baggage of TV carefully ?
how much is it for different sizes of TV ? those who have bought from Thai, pls shed some light on this issue... so that we can be little knowledgeable when the customs officials ask us questions about the product, we can tell them what we want & try to reduce the bribing amount to a minimum...
experts , pls share some info regarding this topic also pls...

but how much bribe we should pay for the customs officials to clear through airport exit ?
will the airport workers handle the baggage of TV carefully ?
how much is it for different sizes of TV ? those who have bought from Thai, pls shed some light on this issue... so that we can be little knowledgeable when the customs officials ask us questions about the product, we can tell them what we want & try to reduce the bribing amount to a minimum...
experts , pls share some info regarding this topic also pls...

here is a copy paste from a post that I had replied to earlier:

"Most airlines allow 25/30 kgs as checked in luggage and my airline had a 25 kg limit. The TV(in its box) itself weighed 25kgs and my rucksack added 7 kgs to the load. So there I was checking in two items- my 43" Plasma TV and my rucksack with a combined weight of 32 kgs. The kind lady at the counter suggested that I transfer some of the stuff from my bag to hand baggage so the the weight comes down to the late 20s which is acceptable. Stuffing my already bulging hand bag with a few kgs more of stuff I brought down the weight of the checked in to 28 kgs and then had the TV checked in at the over-sized baggage section without any extra payment.
There were at least ten other TVs that were being brought in by the same flight and my 43 inch Plasma happened to be the largest what with its extra large sized packaging but there was no complain from the airline.

When I landed at Mumbai I decided to walk through the green channel as the cost of the TV was below 35k but the custom officials asked me to present my documents at their counter. And then started their negotiations.. They wanted 7k and then reduced it to 5 k and then they brought it down to 'whatever I want to give'!! All this while I had a smile on my face and told them that no way would I be paying anything extra as my total is below the permissible limit of 35k. The key here is to appear friendly and non confrontational. After 5 minutes of them trying to haggle they let me go with a smile as the line behind me just kept growing and they didn't want others in line to get affected by my 'no payment' attitude which would have been bad for the 'business' !! As for the 'handling' by the luggage loaders they do take care of the TVs and in return expect a 'bakshish' at the Indian airports while handing over your TV at the conveyor belt. They would cross check your TV's box with the luggage receipt stuck to your boarding pass so you can rest assured that no one else can claim your TV.

One thing to remember though- my TV was barely able to fit in the backseat of my car so any size above 43 inch would require a different mode of transportation to and from the airport. Oh and another thing - The shopkeeper at Indra Sounds informed me that the Indian customs are within their right to charge a fee on TV sizes above 32 inches and the charges vary from around 3k for 43 inch to 7k for 50 inchers but then again its a grey area which I got lucky with !

I bought a 40" Samsung LED Series5--40EH5000. Yes the price difference is substantial almost 40-50%. this model cost me 18000THB.
The airport officials at Bangkok handle them carefully as TV's are to checked in at a separate counter. In India they usually deliver them at the end and the staff will keep on asking for "chai-paani".
As long as the total value is less than 35000INR after conversion, the customs officials do not bother. However you need to show the proof like cash receipt or credit card payment slip.
inspite of one of the forum member suggesting to take a xerox of the bill, i missed it and i had to give the original one for VAT refund. so essentially i am without a proof of the purchase and hoping that the TV does not give any trouble.
2 places in Bangkok for electronics--Pantip plaza and Indira Market(electronics store at the ground floor)

the price comes around to 32k ..I can find the same model on Ebay/palika bazar at 35k ...any reason why should we buy in thailand and not from ebaay/palika

Getting Samsung 55" LED TV UA55F6400 for 70,000 INR (incuding 30% customs), from thailand, with international warranty, In India it retails for 1,35,000 from snapdeal. Planning to go this month to bangkok, trip cost only 27,000

Can anyone confirm if International warranty is available in India? Also similar information for Kuala Lampur would be fantastic :)

Getting Samsung 55" LED TV UA55F6400 for 70,000 INR (incuding 30% customs), from thailand, with international warranty, In India it retails for 1,35,000 from snapdeal. Planning to go this month to bangkok, trip cost only 27,000

Guess they also offer 7% VAT refund if you are on a tourist visa. Some give even more discounts on local bank credit cards.

Just have to locate a reliable dealer,
as indra sound is giving 32000 baht, whereas bangkok led centre is giving 45000 baht price,

now confused :-(

Panthip Plaza is also a good place to buy. Many of my colleagues got LEDs last year and had no issues at all. In case of 32" inches you have no customs issues as well.
I am planning to get one myself too by end of this month, when I visit BKK.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back