The beginning of the End: The Shindo Vosne-Romanee

essrand

Wrote a long post on this, but by far the best audio purchase I have made after my speakers.

It made me see the light at the end of the audiofool tunnel !

For years I kept reading, the preamp is the heart of the system, etc etc etc, now I get it.

Do read my blog post on this amazing preamp if you have the time. Cheers!
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-15 at 4.50.35 PM (1).jpeg

Hi Essrand, I have been following your journey over a few years now and I am glad you found something that you are pleased with.

The Shindo and many other similar artisanal products are one person’s singular vision, efforts, experience, conviction, sheer hard work and persistence . They aren’t perfect but who cares when it is that good. Not saying all artisanal products are always outstanding either but when it clicks, it can be glorious. My own experience with George Wright amps was similar, I became a believer.

Enjoy!!

Hi Essrand, I have been following your journey over a few years now and I am glad you found something that you are pleased with.

The Shindo and many other similar artisanal products are one person’s singular vision, efforts, experience, conviction, sheer hard work and persistence . They aren’t perfect but who cares when it is that good. Not saying all artisanal products are always outstanding either but when it clicks, it can be glorious. My own experience with George Wright amps was similar, I became a believer.

Enjoy!!
Thanks!

I do hope Shindo keeps going on, despite the passing of Shindo San. And someday there’s an Indian dealer 😅

Btw any one here support my latest view / epiphany that the preamp is the most important component of a good Hifi system after the speakers?

Thanks!

I do hope Shindo keeps going on, despite the passing of Shindo San. And someday there’s an Indian dealer 😅

Btw any one here support my latest view / epiphany that the preamp is the most important component of a good Hifi system after the speakers?
I have always found the higher components in the chain to be more important, after the speaker and hence for an Analogue I would say the Pho Preamp would be the highest and for digital the DAC+Transport

But after that its the theory of constraints but I rate the Speaker+Amp synergy to be crucial followed by the Amp+ Preamp synergy.

Technically the phono preamp ( 50-70dB) and Preamp ( 10-12dB) need to be of extremely good quality since they are dealing with such small voltages hence any deviation here will get further amplified in the amp and speaker, hence a change in a preamp will show a much bigger impact than an Amp

..and perhaps why an integrated is easier to manage than separates since even the cable from pre to power needs to be chosen right.

Last edited:
Yup, I will fight with anyone for this. My stand on this is that either have a passive one or very very good active.

Thanks!

I cannot take a stand on this with any certainty frankly. Many times going direct from source to amp has yielded amazing results. In other cases, the preamplifier section in the integrated amp was the star of the show, but I couldn’t be sure the power output section also had an equally important role in the outcome. As I type this I am on the hunt for a good quality budget phono preamplifier, no denying it’s a very important component in the system in the same way a conductor is to an orchestra.

Wrote a long post on this, but by far the best audio purchase I have made after my speakers.

It made me see the light at the end of the audiofool tunnel !

For years I kept reading, the preamp is the heart of the system, etc etc etc, now I get it.

Do read my blog post on this amazing preamp if you have the time. Cheers!
View attachment 79020
Look forward to experiencing the magic @essrand

I have always found the higher components in the chain to be more important, after the speaker and hence for an Analogue I would say the Pho Preamp would be the highest and for digital the DAC+Transport

But after that its the theory of constraints but I rate the Speaker+Amp synergy to be crucial followed by the Amp+ Preamp synergy.

Technically the phono preamp ( 50-70dB) and Preamp ( 10-12dB) need to be of extremely good quality since they are dealing with such small voltages hence any deviation here will get further amplified in the amp and speaker, hence a change in a preamp will show a much bigger impact than an Amp

..and perhaps why an integrated is easier to manage than separates since even the cable from pre to power needs to be chosen right.

I had a recent experience of this through a Jeff rowland pre and a Whest phono pre in my friend's system and saw their impact as soon as they were replaced by inferior components. The magic dissappeared and noise entered the system. I have since started looking at pre amps differently.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back