The harsh reality of mordern television

SIDEWINDER18X

Over the time we had see unlimited discussions on Oled's and FLAD TV's .
Members interact with each other over the discussion platform on the postive aspect of the cutting edge technologies of morden televisions.
Members share their knowledge and experience and most often adive folks on planning or purchasing TV's. Sometimes these discussions and advises help to clear out any doubts or myth the buyer has in mind before going out for the purchase.
But along this we are forgetting the harsh reality of panel related issues and panel failure . No company or information awares the purchaser about the life span of these panels. They will avoid and make excuses of various kind if asked about it .
But from my current experience I would say whenever buying a premium TV ... it might be Oled 's or FLAD, always make a budget to include an extended warranty investment. Go for a 3 yrs plan. The included 2 yrs + 3 yrs will insure you peace of mind for 5yrs including panel.
Otherwise the axe is always be hanging on your head. After 2 yrs of official warranty you will be
caught between uncertainty and suprises towards errors and defects in panel related issus both for Oled's and FLAD.
Oled's will be hit by pixel burn out and image retention issue and FLAD's will be hit by led falures in the dimming zones.
Even if a single row or some leds of any particular dimming row gets falty ( dead or glow is dim or is flickering) company will tell you to replace the entire panel. Replacing only the LED are said to be a big "NO" by the company.
In which ever case the company's answer to it will be panel replacement.
So take this as a mediclaim or health insurance or vehicle insurance for your favourite piece of equipment and make it safe for atleast 5 yrs.
Even after purchase of the TV inbetween the company's warrantee you can purchase AMC or extended warranty from their service desk.
Hope this helps ....
With regards
Vivek

Hi I had the LG IPS TV bought in 2015 and in 2 and half years the reflectors fell off from the LED strips. Since then LG made me change the entire LED strips and got charged 5k for it. Will this be the same for FALD TVs?

Over the time we had see unlimited discussions on Oled's and FLAD TV's .
Members interact with each other over the discussion platform on the postive aspect of the cutting edge technologies of morden televisions.
Members share their knowledge and experience and most often adive folks on planning or purchasing TV's. Sometimes these discussions and advises help to clear out any doubts or myth the buyer has in mind before going out for the purchase.
But along this we are forgetting the harsh reality of panel related issues and panel failure . No company or information awares the purchaser about the life span of these panels. They will avoid and make excuses of various kind if asked about it .
But from my current experience I would say whenever buying a premium TV ... it might be Oled 's or FLAD, always make a budget to include an extended warranty investment. Go for a 3 yrs plan. The included 2 yrs + 3 yrs will insure you peace of mind for 5yrs including panel.
Otherwise the axe is always be hanging on your head. After 2 yrs of official warranty you will be
caught between uncertainty and suprises towards errors and defects in panel related issus both for Oled's and FLAD.
Oled's will be hit by pixel burn out and image retention issue and FLAD's will be hit by led falures in the dimming zones.
Even if a single row or some leds of any particular dimming row gets falty ( dead or glow is dim or is flickering) company will tell you to replace the entire panel. Replacing only the LED are said to be a big "NO" by the company.
In which ever case the company's answer to it will be panel replacement.
So take this as a mediclaim or health insurance or vehicle insurance for your favourite piece of equipment and make it safe for atleast 5 yrs.
Even after purchase of the TV inbetween the company's warrantee you can purchase AMC or extended warranty from their service desk.
Hope this helps ....
With regards
Vivek
This is a highly debatable topic. As when you go for extended warranty, you would pay close to 25k for 2 additional years for led/LCD at 65" size and probably about 35k or more for 75" LCD and above sizes or 65 " and above oleds. Now repair charges are coming down these days especially replacing panel costs. So a 35k extended warranty in 5 years is going to cover you a max 60k of repair charges. And infact in those 5 years chances of the TV price gets so low that a newer model costs just half as much. Having said that I have lost extended warranty amounts as most of the TVs last atleast 5 years. But I have taken extended warranty for almost all my purchases to cover atleast 3 years. However I have never gone for 4th and 5th year.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back