The LPS gods conspire against me, ab kya karen ?

I got a mail from Teddy Pardo. They can do EMS but 3 - 5 days. That gives me two days to spare. Too much for my risk appetite and easily scared off nature. I'm a chicken in these matters.

I have two options 1) my brother is making a year end trip by then the sbooster is a possibility (borderlinx warehouse by the way is not open in the US for now) 2) follow up on the lead the bornfi posted.

ciao
gr

All the options are not bad
Even the weather is good so ideally there should be no delay but yeah your luck is not on your side
I guess it's being shipped from Israel

You can also do one more thing
Daily have a look at audiocircle, audiogon and computer audiophile

Moment you see someone selling the LPS you want (brand and voltage), snap it

I think the LPS input accepts multiple voltages, right ?

All the options are not bad
Even the weather is good so ideally there should be no delay but yeah your luck is not on your side
I guess it's being shipped from Israel

with a customs form. which makes me very nervous. any delay and main lut gaya main barbaad ho gaya. The hotel reception will probably not bother forwarding or returning articles.

As with exam preparation in my school days "I wish I had done this earlier"

3) build in the meantime with regular PSU;) a.k.a. make lemonade when you're dealt lemons.

yes. that is the default option :)

ciao
gr

Could you get anything ?

Decided against the Teddy Pardo. Customs and a tight schedule is IMHO too risky.

Fortunately my brother is making a trip around the year end. He will bring the sbooster over for me (FTR he knows it and I am not making him volunteer ;P )

Bornfi had given me a couple of leads but I have not quite figured those out yet. That is the evenings entertainment

ciao
gr

One more LPS for you to check out

http://keces-audio-usa.com/products/P-8

There is a 12 volt / 4A version as well which is quiet cheaper

By god ki kasam I owe you a crate of beer !

Am calling them in the morning and finding out if they can do expedited shipping. The 12V will fit the bill. It has the necessary amps.

Thanks a huge pile.

ciao
gr

Rikhav

Thanks very much :)

Arthur from keces mailed back saying that they can get it to me in time.

Ordered.

ciao
gr

Call up Acopian. Tell them what you need. I'm sure they will suggest their Series A products. Check out their "Gold Box" model.

Edit: Oops! Too late.

Rikhav

Ordered.

ciao
gr
Replied at this hour over there
That's commitment

Anyways congratulations

Please do post a detailed review as a return gift for all of us , what all changes in sound you got

Adding one more LPS to the suggestions on the thread (though I found it too late to use this information myself)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-100V...337787?hash=item4aff3670bb:g:ka4AAOSwve5XOFYu

It will do if you want to power a NUC or something more power hungry too

(it lists)
3、12V@6A
4、[email protected]
5、[email protected]
6、[email protected]

ciao
gr

There are many such power supply brands on ebay and AliExpress. The more famous one is teradek
But I seriously feel that once a LPS is bought it will be used for many years to come so the more expensive ones made by the bigger companies are surely worth the money if budget is strictly not a big issue

Hi,

Power supplies, I know are best out of sight I guess but I am posting a pic regardless just by way of umm nothing really.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GcUvuj8AEFWi5DU98

The manual is a bit sparse and not very clear. There is a big red switch to get it to 230V. I think the manual means to say that the voltage is 12V in this unit by default but it took me some time to figure that out. All maaf if it sounds good and from CA and one thread I found on https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/to...wer-supply-shootout-teddy-pardo-diy-wallwart/ it should. Let's see or rather let's hear.

ciao
gr

In the thread that you have shared, some people have got unit with transformer designed for 60Hz and that caused lot of Hum. Check for your version as well, if you got that directly from US then it is 60Hz for sure, but humming sound can be minimized by other means too.

In the thread that you have shared, some people have got unit with transformer designed for 60Hz and that caused lot of Hum. Check for your version as well, if you got that directly from US then it is 60Hz for sure, but humming sound can be minimized by other means too.
Yes. I was concerned when I read that. I ordered, however as the product page says "No Humming or Buzz noise for 50Hz and Peak load, 100% Silent." and AC Input Voltage: 115V 60Hz / 230V 50Hz (User switchable)

ciao
gr

Rikhav

Ordered.

ciao
gr

Finally connected the LPS up today.

I've been listening all morning to familiar tracks and its been really enjoyable.

My rig is now a single speaker affair, and I am mixing both channels to the right channel for several weeks now. I don't really run the risk of having to come back and say POS or have any doubts about this addition being very musical but will hold my enthusiasm and praise for later :) For the moment I'll just say that if that other speaker was not burnt out I would not have considered a change. that big. This is more by the way of yes it works update

My APC UPS which was feeding my PC must have been really sucky !

Said UPS cannot handle this load and I'm running off the mains.

I have to do something about power to all my equipment some day.

ciao
gr

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back