They say offload or free you avr using a power amplifier

Is it good? How much of a difference does it bring compared to the avr?

It is pretty good.. I had one power amp powering the L-C-R and one more for surrounds & heights.. Yet to re-calibrate the set-up.. My speakers seem to have more grunt with the power amp..

I recently took out the preout connection from the Denon 2500 H so as to by pass the "line- out converter" solution. I thought the AVR would run much cooler since I was running wires straight from the preamp section to the external amp. However I was surprised to see the AVR heating still to the same levels as the line out solution. Don't understand if we are actually taking the load off the amplifier or it still continues to consume and pump power.

I recently took out the preout connection from the Denon 2500 H so as to by pass the "line- out converter" solution. I thought the AVR would run much cooler since I was running wires straight from the preamp section to the external amp. However I was surprised to see the AVR heating still to the same levels as the line out solution. Don't understand if we are actually taking the load off the amplifier or it still continues to consume and pump power.
When we assign the amp mode we are also assigning the power amplifier in the avr for the number of channels. So the avr will still use the inbuilt power amplifier, so technically the load to the avr is the same with or without external PA. Hopefully in the future we get avr’s with the option to disable the PA circuit so only the audio signal is passed through the pre-outs.

It is pretty good.. I had one power amp powering the L-C-R and one more for surrounds & heights.. Yet to re-calibrate the set-up.. My speakers seem to have more grunt with the power amp..
Ok good. How about the master volume you use now with PA and at what level you used to listen when speakers where powered by AVR?

Ok good. How about the master volume you use now with PA and at what level you used to listen when speakers where powered by AVR?

So far I played movie from prime video.. Before adding power amp, watching movies with prime used to get to single digit volume like -9 dB and I would be hesitant to push the volume more..So I refrained going beyond a particular MV of the AVR..

After adding the power amps, with no tweaks to speaker levels, at MV at -10dB feels more than enough for streaming lossy audio..

With lossless audio tracks in BR Rips, am yet to check, but pretty sure I don't have to go to single digit MV.. Even if I wanted, I know for sure that I can push it comfortably, but it gets really loud..

So far I played movie from prime video.. Before adding power amp, watching movies with prime used to get to single digit volume like -9 dB and I would be hesitant to push the volume more..So I refrained going beyond a particular MV of the AVR..

After adding the power amps, with no tweaks to speaker levels, at MV at -10dB feels more than enough for streaming lossy audio..

With lossless audio tracks in BR Rips, am yet to check, but pretty sure I don't have to go to single digit MV.. Even if I wanted, I know for sure that I can push it comfortably, but it gets really loud..
Ok for me it’s the other way around. I have to increase the volume after adding the PA. Checked with blu ray contents alone. With avr I used to watch at -10 to -12 dB with PA I have to watch the same content at -6 to -8 dB. But it’s very good. In pure direct mode for music listening the Denon is better.

Ok for me it’s the other way around. I have to increase the volume after adding the PA. Checked with blu ray contents alone. With avr I used to watch at -10 to -12 dB with PA I have to watch the same content at -6 to -8 dB. But it’s very good. In pure direct mode for music listening the Denon is better.
May I know the PA details which you have mentioned.?
Have you purchased a power amplifier for your HT ?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back