Tidal - airplay vs Heos app

accord

Few days back i got a slot of tidal premium, logged in with laptop & created my first playlist of my fev tracks. Logged in with android phone app (as was not able to got on my iphone on that day) and played in my car (through BT) while going back to home - noticed a good difference if i compare to spotify & amzn music app - happy till then.
Reached home switched on marantz avr for 30 mns on tv audio (i usually do it before music listening :p ) and played first song through tidal app through BT connect option- disappointed and when i play same track through spotify connect from iphone it shines well.
Next day i some how able to download Tidal app on iPhone logged in and listened in car it works well then andoid phone, okey got it i thought it was my phone. Reached home played again through marantz via airplay and again disappointed, tried via BT, that i dont prefer, not satisfied at all. On third day after some research i got tidal on my Heos app, closed tidal app from background played through Heos - there was a night and day difference, now i can say Tidal is surpassing spotify & amzn music in all aspects IMO.
Now the question is why airplay was delivering low quality of music, is it only made for appleMusic app? and what if some body don't have these Heos kind of streaming apps or compatible player.

Please enlighten :)

Download and install mConnect media player on Android or iOS devices and then play Tidal on Marantz through DLNA. You will get better than HEOS sound quality. Even Bubbleupnp media player ( 16 bit/44.01khz) sound better than HEOS (subjective opinion). Airplay is limited by iOS and HEOS stream at 16bit/44.1Khz rate. mConnect Media player stream MQA first fold at 24bit/48 Khz .Connecting device through DLNA is little difficult task as some time mConnect app doesn't show it as renderer.

For me, best experience was while playing built in Tidal application (Pioneer AVR). Checked mConnect media player few days back and found equally good SQ and more convenient playing Tidal as well as all the offline files stored in mobile and NAS.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back