Tim de Paravicini and Bob Carver amp.

Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

One thing that I find strange is, why should a legend like Bob Carver sell his amp on E-Bay. Beats me. Am I smelling a rat here?

Hi Capt,

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjames
Nice little hobby for Bob there - looks to be lucrative as well!

He's mainly recycling vintage parts from his shop, been selling lots of matched tubes also. He must have a lot of parts accumulated over the years. Having fun too, from all appearances. Nothing better to do than try to build the perfect amp.

Lansing Heritage Forums

Ebay is the place to get the best price for these one of items,and Bob is having fun recycling his stash of old parts and making some money in the process.

An earlier auction for amps using Partridge transformers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180448871518&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If you look at his recently compleated auctions you will notice that he seems to have a lot of the NOS GE6550 tubes also.

Regards
Rajiv

Rajiv, Don't you have a pair of Partridge OP tranny's yourself

Hi ,

Yes, but not the type Bob is talking about. Mine are used in the Mullard 5-20 amp.

Regards
Rajiv

The best part about his amp apart from good engineering is the life of the amp and also of the tubes
I think its really good idea of selling his amps on ebay.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back