Time to get online!

Jams4znik03

Hi Folks,

There I come back again! It's the love of music in particular which pulls me back repeatedly! And believe me its an awsome feeling connecting back!!

I am posting somethingafter ages, but here's the (rather selfish?) trigger..

I currently have 2 channel stereo setup. Pretty simple at that. Marantz PM6004 paired with an upgradef FS the Q accoustic 3050 and believe me I am enjoying every minute of(sec!) over the past Paradigm FS Mon V6 the 4 drivers version, which was picked up on sale by a fellow FM. Along the way I added a maveric Tubemagic D2 and also WD live hub TV, which is now outdated with no YouTube support now.

Recently I came across a Marantz product which caught my instant interest, the network player NR1608 slmiline 5.2 with amazing network integration capabilities! Now I feel the urge to upgrade and being with Marantz for the past 6 years, it's now I am sort of blinded and obsessed with it remarkable build, sound and sonic quality.

My need is now clearly to upgrade with an online streaming source be it music or video and also add on the surrounds for a superior cinematic experience. Basically a one stop integrated and wire free network for playing from any offline or online source.

I am looking for your suggestions and experience around this product. Appreciate suggestions on any better alternatives and solutions so that I can integrate with my existing setup.

Surround speakers to pair up are also welcome !

BTW, my room setup is 26 x 15'

any budget you have in mind ? am not too aware of 5.1 music setups but am sure there are folks who can help

AVR budget somewhere between 25-50K but would not restrict it to that. Plan to add in phases and hence my above related question also on scale ups. Besides, I am fine to go for smaller /satellite speakers for surrounds without much compromise though.

As I indicated, reason for 5.1 /2 is primarily for integrating my AV needs. I would prefer to play music on 2 channel stereo only and hence my question was also on interconnecting with PM6004. I can clarify more once I hear from fellow FM experts who have gone through this change.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back