Tonearm upgrade for my Heybrook TT2

gangof4

Hi guys,

Need some help........What should be the next level tonearm upgrade for my Heybrook TT2 turntable? The current arm is Linn Basik LV X. I was thinking of a 'S" shape tonearm that would fit with the turntable. TT2 is very similar to Linn LP 12 in it fundamental structure.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Need some help........What should be the next level tonearm upgrade for my Heybrook TT2 turntable? The current arm is Linn Basik LV X. I was thinking of a 'S" shape tonearm that would fit with the turntable. TT2 is very similar to Linn LP 12 in it fundamental structure.

Thanks

Jelco 750 comes to mind: JELCO?@?s????????????? | ENGLISH

HI-END JELCO SA-750D TONEARM WITH STANDARD AND HEAVIER COUNTER WEIGHT | eBay

This is strange, only one line of what I typed appears in the post.

Anyways, other options for your consideration are:

1) Origin Live Onyx
2) Rega 301
3) used SME 3009

The choice finally depends on your budget and whether you plan to use low compliance carts in future.
If making a new mounting plate is an option, the 12 inch version of the above is about $200 more.

Another superb arm is the Origin Live Onyx: Origin Live | Onyx Tonearm, though it is a straight arm.

Or if you are looking for more wallet friendly buy, Rega 301 is very well regarded.

Another option is to look for good condition SME 3009 arm.

Everything depends on your:
a) budget
b) cartridge you plan to use

Last edited:
Jelco 750 comes to mind: JELCO?@?s????????????? | ENGLISH

HI-END JELCO SA-750D TONEARM WITH STANDARD AND HEAVIER COUNTER WEIGHT | eBay

If making a new mounting plate is an option, the 12 inch version of the above is about $200 more.

Another superb arm is the Origin Live Onyx: Origin Live | Onyx Tonearm, though it is a straight arm.

Or if you are looking for more wallet friendly buy, Rega 301 is very well regarded.

Another option is to look for good condition SME 3009 arm.

Everything depends on your:
a) budget
b) cartridge you plan to use

Thanks for the reply. Yes Rega 301 goes pretty well with LP12, therefore should fit with TT2. However, would love a 'S' shape. As for SME, have read that it does not really get well with LP12/TT2. Would need to do more research. I intend to use my V15 itself. Budget would be around $300.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back