Toslink query

rupakb24

Hi. I have recently bought a WD media player and routing the audio through an optical cable to my denon AVR-1905. The problem is that the receiver is unable to play when the cable is connected optical port 1&2 ( which are situated at the back). But it has another port at the front (IN--V.AUX) and when i connect the cable it plays fine. What'r the reason that I am not able to use the back optical ports?

Thanks.

Mod.: please move the thread if i am posting it in an improper sub-forum

In most AVRs, you have to set the video out and audio out option. Do that and see.

Cheers

check the settings..

also on wd tv .. chk if the digital audio is selected rather than hdmi audio..

also chk on avr if audio in port is selected for the port (optical 1)

i think the setting in wd live is okay since the receiver is playing through the front optical port. How do i tell the receiver to receive the input from optical port 1? I believe that I have to assign the port to definite input source .i.e DVD, TV etc.
Thanks again

How do i tell the receiver to receive the input from optical port 1? I believe that I have to assign the port to definite input source .i.e DVD, TV etc.

Yes. Most AVRs have what is called input assignment. You can assign an input for each source you have and specify the input for audio and input for video.

cheers

My Onkyo AVR has a "Digital Input" selector button for audio on the front panel. By pressing it repeatedly, it selects, Opt1 Opt2 and co-axial. The selected input is shown on the front panel screen. Please see if you have such a selector button on your AVR. Hope this helps.

thanks a lot. yeah i found out the solution as you all advised. The option is in the system menu and the optical ports can be assigned to any source. Again i thank you all for solving the fix.

Back