Turn tables service

ParamG

I have a 50 year old GARRARD turn table model 2025 T with me
It was working very well all these years. But since the last one month it is not working. That is once I switch on the power supply the TURN TABLE is not rotating.
Can anyone in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala help me to get the problem fixed. I have seen a youtu.be video done by Mr. MIKE service this type of GARRARD turn tables. But he is in UK.
Could be some issues other than the MOTOR

I live in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. I live in the fort area

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 50 year old GARRARD turn table model 2025 T with me
It was working very well all these years. But since the last one month it is not working. That is once I switch on the power supply the TURN TABLE is not rotating.
Can anyone in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala help me to get the problem fixed. I have seen a youtu.be video done by Mr. MIKE service this type of GARRARD turn tables. But he is in UK.
Could be some issues other than the MOTOR

I live in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. I live in the fort area
Sir, it seems that the contact point of the leaf-switch of your tt has become corroded. Steps to be taken --> Lock the tonearm in is cradle --> Remove TT from the base and lift up the TT--> If fuse is installed (in some units they were) check if it is blown ---> If fuse is okay, then clean the leaf-switch contacts with CRC spray and cotton earbuds. Should do the trick

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back