Turntabel advise

mal11963

I have a linn basik turntabel with the upgraded akito arm when I bought it new in 1990. I have upgraded the cartridge from the k9 that came with it to a linn adikt. Now I am looking to improve the detail I get from my 1200 lp collection. Do I first need to replace the original audio cabel. Or do I also replace my cartridge and go to mc. Any suggestions with cartridge and cabel choices. Or any thing else Thank you mal11963

I have a linn basik turntabel with the upgraded akito arm when I bought it new in 1990. I have upgraded the cartridge from the k9 that came with it to a linn adikt. Now I am looking to improve the detail I get from my 1200 lp collection. Do I first need to replace the original audio cabel. Or do I also replace my cartridge and go to mc. Any suggestions with cartridge and cabel choices. Or any thing else Thank you mal11963
Yes, potentially upgrading the cable-chain (from cart to phonostage + connectors) will help but what phono preamp are you using? that is something that you'd also want to take a close look at if you are looking better results. Its actualy quite simple, just have an objective in mind first, which can be accquired first going around and listening to various other rigs playing. Once you hear something that sounds good to your ears, investigate details of the chain and then work towards adapting your rig for similar performance. You may also be pleasantly surprised to discover that what you already have, sounds better than many out there :) - Moral of the story: Junping into upgrades based on online reviews and forum suggestions may not necessarily lead to enjoyment. Always take informed decisions based on your listening preferences, listening experiences and personal hifi sound objectives.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back