TV suggestion

rsklogin

Hi dear FMs. Need an opinion on buying a 55 inch Tv.

I am looking at buying a 4k 120hz TV with multiple Hdmi 2.1 ports for Pc/Ps5 gaming. I was interested in the LG cx 55 and thought of buying it around Diwali due to the higher cost at the moment.

But my wife is insisting on getting a tv right away since this is for our new bedroom and it feels empty without a Tv.

I am now considering between the LG Bx 55 and the Tcl C825 55 inch models. Should I go with the Bx which is only 10 k more than the tcl?

C825. Gaming would definitely cause burn-ins on the OLED And moreover, BX is just an entry level model. The A1s, C1s and G1s have have landed in India. But the prices are ginormous!

Sony X90J is another good option.

I got me a Mi QLED 75, initial thoughts are impressive. It does cap gaming at 4K 60Hz, that is the only downside. But my gaming career has gone down the drain unfortunately, so that 60Hz thing was a not a big deal for me. Otherwise it is a pretty solid TV from what I saw till now.

C825. Gaming would definitely cause burn-ins on the OLED And moreover, BX is just an entry level model. The A1s, C1s and G1s have have landed in India. But the prices are ginormous!

I got me a Mi QLED 75, initial thoughts are impressive. It does cap gaming at 4K 60Hz, that is the only downside. But my gaming career has gone down the drain unfortunately, so that 60Hz thing was a not a big deal for me. Otherwise it is a pretty solid TV from what I saw till now.
The Tcl does seem to be the logical choice but the thought that for 10k more I might enjoy a good oled display also crept into my thoughts.

I did review the Sony x90j but it is at 1.3l now. I'll try and see if I can get a deal on the model locally. If it doesn't pan out, might as well wait for a deal on the Cx if I'm going to spend more than a lakh on a Tv.

Burn ins are not the problem these days. My children "roughly" use the TV when playing games and nothing is different since I bought it in April. The quest for brightness though is. BX for the budget is the best if your room can be quite dark with black screens covering sunlight directly reflecting on the screen. Ambient surround lights are not a problem. Direct light glittering into the screen is the only issue. TCL 825 is a great TV if compared to other non-oled TV's. OLEDs are however embodiment of perfection - contrast, viewing angles, eye-comfort. The TCL 825 will make your eyes discomforting in a room settings, although is recommended for a hall.

Burn ins are not the problem these days. My children "roughly" use the TV when playing games and nothing is different since I bought it in April. The quest for brightness though is. BX for the budget is the best if your room can be quite dark with black screens covering sunlight directly reflecting on the screen. Ambient surround lights are not a problem. Direct light glittering into the screen is the only issue. TCL 825 is a great TV if compared to other non-oled TV's. OLEDs are however embodiment of perfection - contrast, viewing angles, eye-comfort. The TCL 825 will make your eyes discomforting in a room settings, although is recommended for a hall.
There is a window adjacent to the tv so direct light is not an issue. The room is bright in the morning from the sunlight although that won't be too much of an issue. That's why I actually considered an oled for my bedroom.

A 65 inch tcl is present in the Hall and it's been fine for the past 3 years.

There is a window adjacent to the tv so direct light is not an issue. The room is bright in the morning from the sunlight although that won't be too much of an issue. That's why I actually considered an oled for my bedroom.

A 65 inch tcl is present in the Hall and it's been fine for the past 3 years.
If light sources are on the sides, trust me, it adds beauty to the viewing like how bias lighting does.

It's just from April. But OLEDs going bad is probably after 1000s of hours of viewing same "type" of viewing. Burn in is just a limitation of the tech. It has very little to do with OLEDs being newer models.

If the viewing habit is varied, burn ins are nothing to be worried about.

It was a worry for me coz of my viewing habits, just too much football, BBC and movies with subtitles in my TV diet!

It's just from April. But OLEDs going bad is probably after 1000s of hours of viewing same "type" of viewing. Burn in is just a limitation of the tech. It has very little to do with OLEDs being newer models.

If the viewing habit is varied, burn ins are nothing to be worried about.

It was a worry for me coz of my viewing habits, just too much football, BBC and movies with subtitles in my TV diet!
In three months we would have used about 1000 hours. Still the geometry of the diodes are such that if constantly in same place a logo or pattern is played it leaves a residue due to the electrodes burning in and so OLEDs have tackled that by logo luminescence limiter, pixel refreshing algorithms, screen savers, manual power savings screen off option for idle tv running protection, automatic brightness limiter and a manual pixel refreshing option that you may choose after 1000s of hours of usage apart from the auto pixel refresh that happens when you switch off tv after cumulative 4 hours of use. Burn ins are getting rare these days and that's the last thing one has to worry about. Black crushing, brightness and reflexion handling are the parameters that one has to actually be concerned about.

Hi dear FMs. Need an opinion on buying a 55 inch Tv.

I am looking at buying a 4k 120hz TV with multiple Hdmi 2.1 ports for Pc/Ps5 gaming. I was interested in the LG cx 55 and thought of buying it around Diwali due to the higher cost at the moment.

But my wife is insisting on getting a tv right away since this is for our new bedroom and it feels empty without a Tv.

I am now considering between the LG Bx 55 and the Tcl C825 55 inch models. Should I go with the Bx which is only 10 k more than the tcl?
Try for Sony J series if you have no budget limitations

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back