Understanding 4K AV Setups

papabear01

Hi Guys,

This generation of AV is driving me crazy and I seek some answers. I think this would be the apt place to ask these questions so here they are.

1- HDR Support in Low Budget 4K TVs ? Why is it missing ? Why are people buying the Leeco Super3, when they know Super4 supports HDR!! Any guesses on the India release for Super4 ?

2- What kind of cables do you need to ensure you have 4K + HDR viewing experience

3- Which port should you essentially check for on the TV Specs to see you have 4K+HDR

4- What to look for when buying an AVR to hook it up with your 4K HDR TV ? Any special ports needed ?

5- The whole confusion with refresh rates ? Most 4K Tvs only support 60Hz is it not good enough ? what should be the optimum refresh rate for 4K

6- Size vs Distance - I sit nearly 7ft. from my TV stand, what should be the ideal size of TV I should go for.

I'm a budget buyer, and my benchmark for buying AV gear is price of a new iphone, as ridiculous as I feel people who shell out that kindda money (on emi) I believe I can invest that into AV gear that should last me a good 6-7Yrs if not less.

Primary uses - Movies, TvShows, PC / Console Gaming.

---Seeking your help---

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back