Upgrading my home theatre

girishtd8262

Hi I'm Girish from mysore.currently I have denon 2500 h 7.2 av receiver .I'm considering upgrading my speakers.my present speakers are
Dali lektor 6 floor standing speakers
Dali ikon series vokal centre speaker
Wharfedale surround speakers
Velodyne impact 12" subwoofer
Kindly give some suggestions.

Hi

Suggest you see the threads under Home theatre and also the Denon Owners thread which will give you an idea to which speakers can pair well to this AVR model...

Hi I'm Girish from mysore.currently I have denon 2500 h 7.2 av receiver .I'm considering upgrading my speakers.my present speakers are
Dali lektor 6 floor standing speakers
Dali ikon series vokal centre speaker
Wharfedale surround speakers
Velodyne impact 12" subwoofer
Kindly give some suggestions.
IMO using the Denon 2500 you are actually not hearing the full potential of your speakers. I used a Denon 2400 for a year with my dali zensor3, zensor vocal and zensor 1. After upgrading to 4500 there was huge improvements with the soundstage. You have even better speakers compared to the zensor series. Adding a good AVR and a power amp just for the LCR will give you heaven and earth difference with your current set up rather then upgrading speakers. 2500 is a good entry level atmos avr from Denon so no matter how much of better speakers you get the improvements won’t be much IMO.

IMO using the Denon 2500 you are actually not hearing the full potential of your speakers. I used a Denon 2400 for a year with my dali zensor3, zensor vocal and zensor 1. After upgrading to 4500 there was huge improvements with the soundstage. You have even better speakers compared to the zensor series. Adding a good AVR and a power amp just for the LCR will give you heaven and earth difference with your current set up rather then upgrading speakers. 2500 is a good entry level atmos avr from Denon so no matter how much of better speakers you get the improvements won’t be much IMO.

Thanks for the suggestion.i will consider that.this avr was bought recently 4 months back.again I need to spend on it.

Thanks for the suggestion.i will consider that.this avr was bought recently 4 months back.again I need to spend on it.
Ok but still if you are upgrading speakers you won’t notice huge improvements with the 2500 so plan wisely. Upgrading speakers for not liking them and wanting a different signature is a different story

Thanks .I changed my receiver to denon 3600 h .vow all of sudden I started feeling so goid about my speakers.my subwoofer velodyne which was muddy earlier now sounds excellent as this reciever has got subwoofer autocalibrationand it set my subwoofer vol to 32. Now there is no problem with my setup.excellent suggestion.

Apart from that I cha

Thanks .I changed my receiver to denon 3600 h .vow all of sudden I started feeling so goid about my speakers.my subwoofer velodyne which was muddy earlier now sounds excellent as this reciever has got subwoofer autocalibrationand it set my subwoofer vol to 32. Now there is no problem with my setup.excellent suggestion.
Good. The 3600 has xt32 which is a better version of the audyssey you get in 2xxx series. So with better room correction and slightly more power you are hearing improvements. Also later on add a good PA to the LCR which will improve your soundstage even better
Apart from that I changed my streaming device from firetvstick to play station 4.even this added to the performance I believe
Yeah definitely. Firestick has poor audio quality

A Big lesson i have learned. I also used to have denon X2600h and it was good but not extracting the full potential of my Polk Speakers LCR.
And note, I have just bought it 4 months ago and then realized that it has only 95W per channel and also it doesn't have a pre-out for Power Amp. Was very disappointed on my choice and then went ahead and got the 4500 almost a loss of 12k but you know never too late.

Though there is a performance improvement of sound but not big enough and now got the Crown amplifiers to see what difference it actually makes adding Pre-Amps.

Now coming to you, Did you upgrade your AVR within weeks after purchase ?

A Big lesson i have learned. I also used to have denon X2600h and it was good but not extracting the full potential of my Polk Speakers LCR.
And note, I have just bought it 4 months ago and then realized that it has only 95W per channel and also it doesn't have a pre-out for Power Amp. Was very disappointed on my choice and then went ahead and got the 4500 almost a loss of 12k but you know never too late.

Though there is a performance improvement of sound but not big enough and now got the Crown amplifiers to see what difference it actually makes adding Pre-Amps.

Now coming to you, Did you upgrade your AVR within weeks after purchase ?
No I used it for a year.now I have bought 3600 h .

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back