Upgrading my Pioneer HTiB

karandex

Hi everyone

I have a HTP 323 which was HTiB with VSX 323. I got it a decade ago. I was never happy with it and was not using it for a long time. Recently I checked that the AV receiver is not detecting HDMI. A few of the repair guys said it can't be repaired as it's too old.

Now I am looking for a new system my budget is under 40-50 for new and under 30 for old.

My usage is YouTube>music>movies.

Usage will be mostly a bit off-axis. Room is 10x10 with curtain.

I want to keep the 100W Subwoofer that came with it. Now In my mind, there are multiple ways to go about on the amp and speaker side.

I am not sure what I like tonally. The only reference i could give is i really like the sound of the Samsung q series sound bar that i auditioned for once.

Amp-
Option 1: Get a used AVR. Have offers for Marantz NR 1506 @ 22000 and many old Yamaha ones for 10k. ( I am not looking for atmos as of now).
Option 2: Get Fosi audio amp with sub out. Use PC as source with 3.5 to RCA cable.

Speakers
Option 1: Have a great offer for Wharfdale 10.2. They are used
Option 2: Get new mission QX_2 MKII or Elac 5.2

I was a pioneer avr user and when came to marantz my life changed. My pick would be Marantz NR 1506 with mission qx2mk2 as mission are 6.5incher and have heard elacs require more power.

I was a pioneer avr user and when came to marantz my life changed. My pick would be Marantz NR 1506 with mission qx2mk2 as mission are 6.5incher and have heard elacs require more power.
My only concern with avr is can it pass through 4k hdr. I might go for those 10.2 wharfedale. Getting them under 10k

Recently I checked that the AV receiver is not detecting HDMI.
Why do you need 4K pass through capability or 4k HDR support on the receiver?
Agree that the VXS 323 is a low rent unit and paired with those junk plastic speakers, its an underwhelming experience.
I'd say get some new high sensitivity, quality speakers, connect the AVR via Optical or Coaxial to your TV (assuming these terminals work) and keep using it till its completely dead.

There is no use in buying another receiver thats as old as your existing Pioneer. You don't gain anything. Besides; if that new-old unit fails, you're a sitting duck.

Why do you need 4K pass through capability or 4k HDR support on the receiver?
Agree that the VXS 323 is a low rent unit and paired with those junk plastic speakers, its an underwhelming experience.
I'd say get some new high sensitivity, quality speakers, connect the AVR via Optical or Coaxial to your TV (assuming these terminals work) and keep using it till its completely dead.

There is no use in buying another receiver thats as old as your existing Pioneer. You don't gain anything. Besides; if that new-old unit fails, you're a sitting duck.
Its not detecting optical either.

Its not detecting optical either.
Realize they are on the same board as HDMI.
As a last ditch effort, what you can do is hard reset the receiver. With some luck, it might just start working again. Instructions should be in the manual.
Alternatively, if you are handy with electronics, look for a HDMI replacement board on ebay. I am sure you will find one. Its a plug and play unit, requiring no soldering at all. You can swap it out yourself.

Realize they are on the same board as HDMI.
As a last ditch effort, what you can do is hard reset the receiver. With some luck, it might just start working again. Instructions should be in the manual.
Alternatively, if you are handy with electronics, look for a HDMI replacement board on ebay. I am sure you will find one. Its a plug and play unit, requiring no soldering at all. You can swap it out yourself.
My power button is not working, I tried all the methods. I called an engineer to look at it.

I need opinion on Wharfedale diamond 10.2 + fosi amp vs eris 4.5

My power button is not working, I tried all the methods. I called an engineer to look at it.

I need opinion on Wharfedale diamond 10.2 + fosi amp vs eris 4.5
Please be clear the first time you post a query.
First you said HDMI is not working, then optical is not being detected and now you're saying the receiver won't respond to the power button. You could have simply said the receiver won't power on, at all.

I have no opinion or feedback on Fosi products or Wharfedale. Listen to them and decide for yourself.

Please be clear the first time you post a query.
First you said HDMI is not working, then optical is not being detected and now you're saying the receiver won't respond to the power button. You could have simply said the receiver won't power on, at all.

I have no opinion or feedback on Fosi products or Wharfedale. Listen to them and decide for yourself.
Hi. I applied for the conclusion. Receiver does turn on, but the power button won't work. Any way engineer came and tried resetting the AVR but no luck. He said it would cost around 4k to 7k so I am letting it go.

Now I am getting one of the Fosi audio amps with used speakers. 3020i and 10.2 are my current options.

Hi. I applied for the conclusion. Receiver does turn on, but the power button won't work. Any way engineer came and tried resetting the AVR but no luck. He said it would cost around 4k to 7k so I am letting it go.

Now I am getting one of the Fosi audio amps with used speakers. 3020i and 10.2 are my current options.
You can attach this avr to Fosi amp and use the subwoofer

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back