UPS/Power protection solution

msankadi

Hi

I just bought my HT setup with an Epson tw9400 and Yamaha htr 3072. I already have a Boston acoustics soundware 5.1 sound system.

In my society complete Generator backup is there but whenever the power cycles (on-->off-->on) it takes about 60-180 seconds when there is no power. The frequency of this is very high though. Average 5 times per day to a max of 15-20 times per day

Currently, I am using an APC 1100 ups to protect my tv and ps4 pro.

Now adding this projector and AV receiver I want to know what will be a good power protection solution for me to protect my devices. I have gone through many threads but I was completely overwhelmed trying to understand it and I don't want to spend too much on protecting it (10k) .

Can you please tell me what will be the solution for me - Please give two options , minimum and ideal. Can I just buy another APC 1100 ups to protect these two items (along with the speakers it powers)?

It will be great if you can provide me online shopping links

I dont want a long power backup as the power anyways comes back in 3 minutes.

Last edited:
So I got a stabilizer and another apc ups 1100

Am going to connect the projector to the ups.

For my avr and subwoofer i have a question:

Should i connect

main - - >stabilizer - - >subwoofer, avr

Or

Main - - > ups (older one) stabilizer - - >subwoofer, avr

In my apartment there are frequent power cycles.. Whenever the power cycles it takes 30-180 seconds for the generator to come up.. This happens on average 5 times a day..
Buy another one of these (considering your budget & backup requirement) and hook your Projector/AVR to it and I believe you should be good.

So I got a stabilizer and another apc ups 1100

Am going to connect the projector to the ups.

For my avr and subwoofer i have a question:

Should i connect

main - - >stabilizer - - >subwoofer, avr

Or

Main - - > ups (older one) stabilizer - - >subwoofer, avr

In my apartment there are frequent power cycles.. Whenever the power cycles it takes 30-180 seconds for the generator to come up.. This happens on average 5 times a day..
Main - - > ups - - >subwoofer, Avr (UPS will automatically switch to Battery if the Mains voltage falls below the threshold, you may not need the Stabilizer). Non-Sinewave UPS and Stabilizer is not a good combination.

Main - - > ups - - >subwoofer, Avr (UPS will automatically switch to Battery if the Mains voltage falls below the threshold, you may not need the Stabilizer). Non-Sinewave UPS and Stabilizer is not a good combination.
:( I already purchased the stabilizer based on multiple threads here where people mentioned that instead of ups use only a stabilizer for the subwoofer and avr...Should I try and return the stabilizer or use it along with the ups?

Well, if you don't suffer from power fluctuation then you probably don't have a use case for Stabilizer. Generally in Bangalore, a good UPS is more than sufficient.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back